Wordpress Multisite Server 500 error on some, but not all, of my sites

I have two websites (clarendon.org/hunter-dog-park/ and clarendon.org/urbanvillagemarket/ that are throwing Server Error 500 messages. I can log into the dashboard on both sites, and I've made no changes to them for months. Because it's spring, I need to update them. They are basically static sites I never mess with, so I don't know how long they've been down. Because this is happening on only two sites (I have a dozen) I'm not sure how to solve the problem.
Thanks!

• Tyler Postle

Hey @alliance,

Hope you're doing well today.

Have you checked your server error logs? Good chance that will have some more information.

However, I think it may be the opposite issue of what Alex suggested :smiley: your PHP version is only 5.2 which is very out-dated. If this issue now isn't related to it, which I think it is, then you will surely have issues down the road if you don't update your PHP version.

You should be able to upgrade your PHP from your cPanel PHP Configuration options. If you can't then contact your host and they'll upgrade it for you :slight_smile:

Preferably upgrade to at least 5.4+. As Alex mentioned, PHP 7 can sometimes cause conflicts as it's very new so you may want to hold off on upgrading to that if your host offers it.

If you're still having troubles after that, then can you send in your FTP? We'll be able to take a closer look.

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

**If you keep support access active then no need to send in wp-admin

Look forward to hearing back.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Alliance,

Hope you're doing well today!

The issue is that your Gravity Forms PayPal Pro add-on is network activated, but Gravity Forms itself wasn't activated on those 2 sites.

I was seeing this error on both those sites that were down:

Fatal error: Class 'RGForms' not found in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/gravityformspaypalpro/paypalpro.php on line 2983

The add-on requires a class from Gravity Forms, so it must be active as well. Once I activated Gravity Forms on both sites then they came back :slight_smile:

So I'd recommend either network activating Gravity Forms as well or de-network activating the PayPal Pro add-on and make sure it's only activated on other sites that have Gravity Forms active.

I'll leave Gravity Forms active on those 2 sites for now just so they don't have to be down any longer.

Hope that helps! If you have any further questions just let us know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.