WordPress page updates/publishing not working

I cannot update/publish posts or pages! It happens since this morning...how is it possible?
Please help...

V

• Vincenzo

It happens only with:
    https://www.fondazionechiro.it/corsi-di-formazione-2/guida-acquisto-corsi/

maybe because it is a new page, created this morning with classic editor (as a new content). Is there a way to solve this or do I have to delete this one and create a brand new page with the builder?

n.b. it happened with a new post too, always this morning, always created with classic editor....

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Vincenzo

I hope you're well today!

Whether the post was created with Classic Editor or any other, shouldn't man anything because after all it's saved in the database already and the Classic Editor is disabled.

I checked the site and I can see that there are some "500" errors in browser console when trying to edit the page and this is something that shouldn't be happening. You mentioned that it's happening only with this page. Is there anything specific for this page that's different from other ones - like e..g there's some script or "embed" or "iframe" included?

Where there any updates on the site (to theme or any plugins) just before that started to happen - or any custom code added?

Let me know, please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Vincenzo

Thank you for your response.

I checked the site again and I still think those 500 errors that I mentioned previously are related to this. There's this 500 Internal Server error upon one of the internal calls related to WP API.

In this case, I'd suggest following steps:

1) Currently your WP memory limit is set to allow up to 128M of memory to be used from 256M available to PHP. Increase that limit then. To do this, edit the "wp-config.php" file of your site and find this line:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

and replace it with this one

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Then check if that helped.

2) If above didn't work, let's try to look if internal WP debugging will give us some clue on what's going on. Please add following lines to the "wp-config.php" file right above the "/* That's all, stop editing! */" line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true);
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

Once they are there, try updating the page in question at least a couple of times and then look into the "/wp-content" folder of your WordPress install and see if there's a file named "debug.log".

If yes, please upload it to some file storage (like your Google Drive or Dropbox account) and share direct download link to it with me. I'll look into it and hopefully it will give some suggestion about what is breaking.

If that will not help either, the next necessary step would be a full conflict test but let's start with the two above first.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.