Wordpress plugin for sharing individual images

Hello!

I have a blog and want my users to be able to share individual images to their social accounts along with the post URL, do you know any plugins that can achieve this?

Thanks a lot!

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, Jorge!

For one of my big sites, I use JetPack's auto-posting component. It works with Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr, and it customizes the output based on the destination, so Twitter gets a linked title and FB and Tumblr get excerpts and either the featured or first image from the post.

If you don't want to install the full JetPack, you can grab a similar plugin that just shares to social here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/social-networks-auto-poster-facebook-twitter-g/

Hope this helps!

• Jorge Castro
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Michelle!

Thanks for the quick response :slight_smile: I actually wasn't searching for a autopost plugin, here is the situation:

In my blog we publish a lot of pictures, so what I want if that if a reader wants to share one specificly (Like a post talking about chairs, and wants to share one of the chair to some friend) the he would hover the image and share that specific image along with the post URL.

I hope this clarifies my needs :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for the help!

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Jorge Castro, I hope you're well today!

ALL shares work like this:
    The user shares the URL, and the social network automatically gets the image.
    So the problem here is that you can't have a separation between the image and the URL!
    If you wanted to share a specific image, then you'd have to share the URL to that image and not the URL to the article.

Does that make any sense?

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.