Wordpress problems since updating to Version 2.9.5.3

Hello, after updating Marketpress to Version 2.9.5.3, having major issues. Can't check out properly with PayPal, Error 10413 totals don't match.

Previous version had a shipping field in each product. We had set up a per item additional shipping fee, however now it doesn't display or I don'[t have a way to edit.

In addition we had set up the USPS calculated shipping which I removed after reading in the forums that this possibly was the cause of the PayPal error.

I changed the shipping to No Shipping and initially the order did calculate the per item shipping fee, however now this doesn't appear to be adding to the cart.

I changed my 100% discount to 99% discount so that there would be a minimum charge so I can make sure the shopping cart is actually working. ( client said he had complaints that people couldn't purchase anything from his site) I was able to verify that in fact I was unable to make a purchase from his website as I received the 10413 error.

I was going to roll back to the previous version of Marketpress however since he hasn't had a sale in several months, I'm wondering how long this problem has existed?

Please help as soon as possible as My client is on a fixed income and really needs some sales. Plus this make me look bad as a manager of his website and store.

  • Tyler Postle

    Hey Dean,

    Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

    Does the sum of the product totals add up to the grand total?

    Also, you mention you are applying 100% or 99% discount. PayPal doesn't accept products with a cost of 0. How much is the total cost coming to with a 99% discount?

    Are you able to link me to the store so I can test it out firsthand? That will help us narrow down the issue :slight_smile:

    Look forward to hearing back!

    All the best,
    Tyler

  • Dean Kaus

    No problem. Not sure what's going on. I did have it appear today work after I opened another site that had an older version of marketpress. While that site was open in another window/tab I was able today edit the products in the site I opened for you. Then the additional shipping field's appeared. However once I logged out and cleared the and the browser history, it was back the the original problem.

  • Dean Kaus

    This is frustrating. I clicked on the link in my email and it brought me to this very same screen for me to reply. Spent some time trying to explain things and apparently nothing was saved. Apparently I wasn't logged in (even though I was able to reply and see this response box)

    Anyway after Tim Explained the backlog I needed to get this site working. I changed the shipping method to no shipping. Problem appeared to be with the extra shipping that each product had. Originally before the update you can see per attached file #1 that in addition to the extra shipping fee, there was a product weight. When this displayed with the weight and extra shipping, the selected shipping method was Calculated USPS.

    When I looked at the total shipping before being sent to paypal it included the extra shipping fees, however when being sent to paypal the total was different.

    I then set to no shipping and that seemed to solve the 10413 API error Code.

    Then I deleted all of the extra shipping fee's from the individual products and then set shipping to Flat Fee. This still appeared to work.

    I then manually edited each product to add the extra shipping fee, only this time there wasn't the option to enter the product weight. Again it still appeared to be working now.

    I haven't tried to reset it back to the calculated USPS shipping as it was before however I think it should be close enough to cover his shipping costs.

    I've attached 2 files, to show the shipping differences from before the update and after the update.

  • Tyler Postle

    Hey Dean,

    Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your explanation!

    That actually makes a lot of sense now. If you're using a calculated shipping option then it will assume you aren't using the additional cost field. Since it is expecting that the shipping will be calculated correctly based on the weight.

    The calculated total won't calculate until after you put in your address information, which might be why you didn't see it at first checkout.

    Was this not happening for you before? In our latest update we did update the USPS API; that could be a factor here.

    This, as you have already narrowed down, is due to those 2 shipping options conflicting as the checkout plugin doesn't expect the additional cost field to be used with the calculated shipping option.

    Also strange is that in the WPMUDEV dashboard under the support access it shows that there were no staff support logins.

    I never had to login because I was still trying to reproduce the issue. Until I reproduce the issue it would be tough to see what was causing it.

    Glad you were able to figure out the situation here :slight_smile:

    Let us know if this was happening to you before or not. We will continue troubleshooting with you.

    Look forward to hearing back.

    All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.