wordpress search enables pay per view on free pages

We have a responsive theme. When navigating a page using the menu, the page appears as defined in wordpress. When navigating a page via a search, the page displays the pay per view plug in regardless of settings. The file that contains the word "nehemiah" is the search file that shows as pay per view. The other file is what it should show.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Shirley,

Would you be able to provide an example of the issue? I'm not sure I totally understand what is happening here.

So when you visit a page, it loads properly but when you search for a page then click on it, it loads protected no matter what? Even if it's not protected by pay per view?

Do you have the "Enabled for all posts" setting disabled?

If so, and it's still showing up on posts that it shouldn't be, can you grant support access as well:

You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Grant Support Access.

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Look forward to hearing back.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Shirley

Yes, I have protection for posts box disabled.
    I have also disabled the protection for pages box and the enable for multiple post pages disabled. With both of the latter boxes disabled I do not have a problem with the pay per view showing up where it shouldn't, but I also don't have ANY pay per view at all. This is the only current way to have my "free" pages unrestricted by pay per view via a search from the website search box.
    If we enable either of the protection for pages box or the enable for multiple post pages, together or separately, then the search results (from the website search) are all pay per view.
    I will go to the site you mention and grant access.
    Thanks for your help.

• Sajid

Hi Shirley,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am unable to reproduce this issue on your website. In search result with the keyword nehemiah I can see mostly PDF files that are not meant to be protected by Pay Per View plugin either and they are all accessible.

There are only two pages one of them is Galatians 5:22,23 that is loading just fine for me. I checked this page as administrator while logged in with support staff access and also as a visitor.

Could you please share more details about this issue with the help of screenshots so we can understand what exactly is not working ?

Look forward towards your response Shirley :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid

• Shirley

I have turned off any pay per view on ALL pages, disabled them on the plugin setup site not the page site, so that people can have access. That is probably why you have not seen the problem. I have again attached files of what we get when we enable the protection for pages box and/or the multiple post pages box. If either or both those boxes are enabled (you will need to do that as you have access) then use the search box on the website to find a page, it is pay per view protected whether it is selected at the page level as pay per view or not. If you go directly through to the page using the menus at the top of the page or in the page, the pay per view selection on each page is valid and only the pages that are selected to be pay per view are.

• Sajid

HiShirley,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I have again attached files of what we get when we enable the protection for pages box and/or the multiple post pages box.

It appears that your files attachments did not come through. Please attach images only with your reply.

However, I could replicate this issue on my own website. It does not entertain the individual page settings when Protection for pages is enabled from global settings. Same thing is happening for post pages as well.

I am marking it as confirmed bug and notifying the developer so it can be patched up in upcoming version of this plugin.

Meanwhile, you can use Membership 2 plugin. It has similar + advanced features like Pay Per View plugin.

Thanks for bringing in our attention and being a member :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid

• Shirley

Thank you for your help and confirming that I wasn't crazy. Sometimes it feels that way when you are dealing with code and software!
    I did download the Membership 2 plugin and began to set it up, but it was too complex for my simple "pay per view" pages and my simple mind. If I can't get the Pay Per View plugin to work soon, I'll go back to Membership 2 and give it another look.
    I'll look forward to the update of Pay Per View.
    Shirley

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.