Wordpress site is not loading correctly

Hello,
Since I few days, my website is slow and it not loading pages correctly. Its can take a minute to load and while its loading the page appears very disorganized and mix-up! (attached picture).
I don't know if is a plugin problem...
So,
- What can I do for the speed? (this are the plugins I'm using (2nd attached picture )
- What can I do for the loading problem? (using Neuropro theme)

Thank you for your help.
Best regards,

• Michelle Shull

Hello, Positif Style!

I took a look around your site, and most of it is running very well. The issues in lag that you're seeing (when the site slows down) are because of the high number of images and media files you have loading on your front page.

Some of the original images are very large, and even though your site is only displaying a smaller version, it's still loading the large original file. You can improve this by optimizing your images before you upload them to your site, by making sure they're not larger in dimension than they need to be, and that the file size itself is as small as possible.

Otherwise, your site looks very healthy! Nice work!

• Positif Style

Hello,
    Thank you for the message.
    Yes some of my images are very large, that because its a the purpose of the site (self-help threw media). So I hight definition films and images...
    I tried to reduce the size of my images... but honestly I didn't see much difference and it really ruining my look lol But in other hand I need to do something.
    Question 1: What is the maximum size of image I should upload on my site? can you give me an idea? (example less than 200mpxl? 1000? 10000? ). right now I'm juste make images without knowing if it too large or not. my average size is 2000 Mpxl.

Question 2 I'm exporting each image from Photoshop in Html option by clicking on > Export for web tab. I heard that the image will be less heavy on the page if I do that instead of just using the export image... Is that correct? May be that were the problem is coming from...

Question 3: What other solutions I can try to speed up the loading? I saw many sites with a lot of larges images but they still fast??? what is the secret behind that? Do you know any plugin, codes or trick that can help? Right now I when you open a page on my website, you can see the 1st image on the top, but the reste don't appear... until you scroll the page down than the rest will load and appear. So sometime it look like the reste of the page is empty... so people move to other page, and see the something. I really need to do something.

Thank you again for you help.

Regards,

• aristath

Hello again @Positif Style, I hope you're well today!

Question 1: What is the maximum size of image I should upload on my site? can you give me an idea? (example less than 200mpxl? 1000? 10000? ). right now I'm juste make images without knowing if it too large or not. my average size is 2000 Mpxl.

The megapixels of an image don't matter as much as its megabytes.
    You can use jpeg compression to lower their size.

Question 2 I'm exporting each image from Photoshop in Html option by clicking on > Export for web tab. I heard that the image will be less heavy on the page if I do that instead of just using the export image... Is that correct? May be that were the problem is coming from...

That is correct. By exporting for the web image compression is applied (and you can control how much compression if I'm not mistaken).

Question 3: What other solutions I can try to speed up the loading? I saw many sites with a lot of larges images but they still fast??? what is the secret behind that? Do you know any plugin, codes or trick that can help? Right now I when you open a page on my website, you can see the 1st image on the top, but the reste don't appear... until you scroll the page down than the rest will load and appear. So sometime it look like the reste of the page is empty... so people move to other page, and see the something. I really need to do something.

Your site is 2.9Megabytes as seen here: http://bit.ly/1wAa3NY
    You will simply have to compress the images a bit more. Other than that I would advise you to use cloudflare to further speed-up your site if you're not using it already.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Positif Style

Hello,
    Thank you for all you advices! Its very kind.

So about megapixel vs megabytes, I got it. I have to compress my image before I export, Got it! About couldflare, I have it.

So what about the image I already upload (189 images). To reduce the megabytes of all this image, do I really have to open all Psd project > Export > upload them online again??? There is no way to compress/reduce megabyte right on the dashboard/Cpanel? Its a little be overwhelming. Do you know any plugin that can help? Or I really have to take the long way?

Than you again for your help

Regards,
    PS: what you think a bout tools like this to reduce image weight? http://www.jpegreducer.com/index.html. Do you know a better way?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Postif,

Thanks for getting back to us!

For image compression/optimization we have a very handy plugin we made available for free here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-smushit/

We actually have a pro version coming out soon too :slight_smile:

There is a new experimental "Bulk Smush it" feature that was recently added, you will notice mention of that on the page I linked above.

It looks like you have already taken advantage of most of these options, but I'll post here just in case you find something else useful in it :slight_smile: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/5-quick-ways-to-speed-up-your-wordpress-site/ great article on our blog.

Hope this helps and look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.