wordpress site not displying properly on android phone

Hi, my site is not displaying properly on an android device. When you go to it, it's just displaying the top left hand corner of the site. Clicking to another page makes it use the Woothemes Canvas responsive menu and is ok, but it really doesn't look good when you first click on it.

How do I make it look great right from the first time you look at it? http://www.ad-extra.com.gridhosted.co.uk

• bentemple
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Bonjour Paul, ca va?!

Thanks for checking and the screenshots. So when you look and click around, is the size resized for the device or on some pages do you just see half the page (i.e. that's what it looks like is happening on the third screenshot.)

It looks the worst on a Galaxy Note, in fact the second column on the homepage isn't even on the white background, it's spilling over onto the dark blue backgounr (sorry no screenshot available, it was someone else's phone.)

My HTC Wildfire experiences the non resizing of pages, but not the page overspill....

Could it be something to do with the tables on the homepage / Google Adwords pages?

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Hi Ben,

Yes, if you have tables on that front page, it's going to cause a problem. I see what you are talking about now. I have an Android tablet and the top looks fine, but the bottom is likely a problem caused by the table. I don't know too much about themes, especially responsive themes, but I have heard that in lieu of tables html5 will circumvent the structure that you get by using variable width container divs. How that is accomplished, I'm not sure, but my guess is that your theme might have some better way of handling this besides a table.

Hope this helps! Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
    Paul

JUST DO IT. ~Famous Nike Ad Slogan.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.