wordpress site using multiple themes

Is it possible to build a site using multiple themes without creating sub-sites. so for each page I want a different layout and there isn’t a theme out there that has all the features I need so I need to use a few themes one for each page. I don’t want to do separate WordPress installations as I would eventually want to enable it to be a multi site with prosite and buddy press enabled so eventually building a niche social community network, but the main site needs to be built from different themes, so for example videos page will need a theme that supports videos and layout just videos, a page for photos and a page for a market, so that for example if someone uploads a video from their profile it gets pulled on the videos page. I know I can use categories but I won’t different layout and features for each page which can not all be found in one theme. I hope what I wrote makes since sorry for any confusion.

Any help would be much appreciated. and thank you in advance

• akh701
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

@Pranaya Chaudhary

Hi

thank you for the links

I think that these plugins will only allow me to display my pages differently based on the theme I choose, correct me if I am wrong as I am still new to wordpress and web development.

I would like to also take full advantage of the features that come with each theme and not just their template UI. for example if I am using http://www.Geotheme.com I would like to use all its features.

I was thinking more like combining the sql tables of all the themes am going to use into one, and this might sound crazy but if it is possible to combine the themes I want to use into one folder and upload theme as completely new theme into wordpress I apologies if this was a silly suggestion.

thank you

• nusolutions
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Check out the new Razor theme as I think it does all you’re asking and them some. I’m using it on a project and it’s nice! A bit to grasp but if I’m reading this right then I think it should work for you.

Find that theme @ Themeforest.

hth

• akh701

@nusolutions

thanks for you suggestions but am afraid it doesn’t do everything I want, I bought the salutation theme from the same developer from Themeforest thinking it will have everything but my idea and project has expanded more beyond the capabilities of one theme alone. Thanks again

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

The plugin “http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/page-theme/” states

Specify the theme (not template, that is already taken care of by WordPress) you wish to use with each given page or blog post.

Did you try that out ?

Cheers, PC

• akh701

hi

No I haven’t actually tried it. its just that I seen so many of those plugins and most were just basically allow you to use a different theme as a layout with different css and not actually use its functions and everything that comes with it.

I will give it ago and let you know how it goes

thank you for your help

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it’s been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I’d check in to see how you’re going?

If you’re still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Ari.

• akh701

@Pranaya Chaudhary

Hi

sorry its been a while. I have installed page-theme plugin and it works like a charm and it actually uses the themes functionality, but there is only one down side. As each theme has different widget areas and when I activate a different theme as the main one the widgets on the other themes get deleted.

so for example I have pages Home, Community and Videos each will have a different theme lets say Home >> themeA, Community >> themeB and Video>> themeC.By using page-theme plugin I made themeA as the default theme for Home and themeC for Videos and made themeB to be the main theme. However to customise either of themeA or themeC I need to make either of those themes as the main one which I did, and made it to exactly how I want it and placed the widgets that I want. but then when I reactivate themeC as the main theme the widgets that I placed in themeA or C have disappeared and won’t show on the pages.

do you have any ideas how to make it recognise which widgets used for which theme

I would be very grate full as this will safe me creating sub sites and make them act as part of the main site

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya @akh701

Greetings and thanks for writing back.

I would have gladly helped you fix this but as Its not one of our plugins, I do not have expertise to answer this particular question as it will certainly relate to some amount of custom coding to get that things fixed up.

As you read on the post here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wordpress-different-theme-per-page-post/ it also talks about the requirement of development skills needed to get this working and custom coding is something which is out of the scope of support we can provide here on the forums.

I will suggest you to post a job requirement on the Job Board to get someone right on it.

Alternatively you can also contact the plugin developer once and discuss it with him ? May be the plugin is not updated for the latest version of WordPress ?

Cheers

PC

• akh701

Hi @Pranaya Chaudhary

Thanks for your help and support, much appreciated. I have come to the decision of using subsites and making each section of my site to be separate and monitored separably.

thanks again

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey @akh701

Greetings and thanks for writing back and for the nice words.

I have come to the decision of using subsites and making each section of my site to be separate and monitored separably.

That is a nice decision. Because it will make your network more scalable and versatile. You can expand that wildly.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.