Wordpress Stop Responding Randomly with unclick able webpage

Hi,
I have weird problem with my multisite wordpress. This happen across all sites so i think this might be problem with the main site.
When I click update or click on any link on the admin section, usually what happen is WP will load the page. But in my case, during the load, it will stop responding. The loading progress bar on my chrome will stop and everything on the page is unclickable. My solution is just to press refresh. It might take one refresh or multiple refresh just to get it back. Usually any update I make will be updated after i click on the refresh. Its like during the loading progress, WP stop responding or being terminated. What happen?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Abdul Bari,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

I haven't personally had this happen, though this is normally a hosting related issues or a case of too many plugins installed and activated, where it slows down to a stop and then takes a while to complete loading.

Does it work if you deactivate all plugins?

How many plugins do you have installed and what sort of hosting do you have? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Abdul Bari
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I am using dedicated server. i manage my own server. and the server is very high spec. i do have alot of plugin installed and activated as i use my multisite to manage all my client website. the thing is, whenever it stop loading, it was actually just loading. its like less than a second or max 1 second after i click and then it stop responding. so it cannot be timeout. it happen randomly so i cant pin out to which plugin. but i havent test disable all plugin. i do have 46 installed, but 20 active on main site. on sub-site, it depends if the website require the plugin, only then i need to activate the plugin. the website is not slow, it only stop responding.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @Abdul Bari,

I'm afraid that without any additional information we're unable to figure out what goes on or how to resolve it...
    The specs of your server play little role, it's its configuration that really matters! For example I've been having similar issues on a VPS I was managing with Nginx, batcache and APC... and then I setup a new VPS using this script and never had an issue again: https://github.com/rtCamp/easyengine

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Abdul Bari
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

My server Spec is:

E5520 2.26Hz (Quad)
    32GB Ram
    4TB HDD (Raid10)
    Centos 6.5 64 bit with CloudLinux

in term of load, barely even 5% of the cpu being used. i just upgraded my server. i dont use Nginx. My WP multisite is http://www.yippie.my
    i am using dedicated server that i manage my self. im not sure what else to give to you. let me know so i can check. thanks

• aristath
    • Recruit

As I mentioned above, specs don't really matter...
    I'm using a 512M single-core VPS hosting more than 40 sites without any issues.
    If you're not using Nginx then you really should. Lighter & a lot faster than Apache!
    Don't you have any additional info from the PHP, Apache or even the MySQL Error logs?

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.