wordpress subscriber notification of new post

Hey guys,

I've just started to use Visual Composer for both my pages & posts on my site, and when I post a new blog all of my subscribers get sent an email in plain text, so they see all the code built into the text - i.e - [vc_row][vc_column][vc_text_separator title="London, England." color="custom" accent_color="#dd0f0f"][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Living so

Is there a way to change the email to HTML format or can I customise the text which WordPress sends out in the email, i.e. the unformatted plain text.

Thanks so much!

Mark

• Sajid

Hello Mark,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

What plugin you are using for sending emails to subscribers ?

You have to find that plugin and might need to edit the code to make it render the shortcodes. Also, some builders like Visual Composer don't render the shortcodes in administration area of WordPress.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Rupok

Hi Mark,

Thanks for asking. Visual Composer adds shortcodes in your post content area and when that post is rendered in front-end, Visual Composer assets (CSS, JS) and functions are loaded on your site, and that's why you don't see those shortcodes in front-end, rather you see beautiful design. But at the end of the day, those shortcodes are saved as just shortcodes in post content.

Now when your plugin sends emails with post content, it can't render those shortcodes because your email viewer application doesn't have Visual Composer assets loaded.

So in my opinion, it will be better if you send emails with Post Title, Author, Date etc. information but don't include post content.

I just found a plugin which will allow you to customize your email format: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bnfw/

With this one, you can alert users of any specific role via email when a new post is published and you can use it to customize the email format to include your branding along with the author's display name and post time.

Please let us know what do you think about this. If you have any confusion, please let us know. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.