WordPress Theme to child theme help

I bought a WP Theme from ThemeForest and built my site using the adult theme…. then realized that I am not using the Child Theme, I do have the Child theme and want to switch to the it, Will I lose all the adjustments made to my site if so ?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Matt,

If you switch to child theme then yes, customization made in settings and code of parent theme will stay with parent theme (it wont be lost, it is “assigned” to parent theme). Child theme is type of different theme so all customization in settings need to be re-done. If you changed code in parent them, then child theme will use it – until you will update parent theme, because update will remove code changes.

If you didn’t touch code of parent theme and you don’t have plan to do that, there is no to need use child theme – if all customization was done in settings then they are kept in database and wont be removed when theme is updated.

Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Matt
    • New Recruit

Thank you very Much, Kasia, I do have one more question, my beside post share buttons are not grabbing a url when someone clicks them to share on social media can you help me on this? I cant figure out were to adjust settings for them they were part of the theme that i am using.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Matt,

Thanks for asking. We don’t know yet which theme you are using on your site. And as this is a third party paid theme (you said you bought from Themeforest), we don’t have any access to that theme code and architecture. So if we need to check that issue, we have to check it on your site.

In my opinion, the best way for resolving this issue will be contacting the theme developer regarding this as he knows the best about this theme. If he can’t figure it out or doesn’t help much, please let us know. We will be very glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.