Wordpress to Buddypress Post & Comment Integration.

Hi!!!

I'm reposting my request here as per Phil's suggestion.

You can see the original thread via the following url - https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/converting-wp-comments-to-buddy-press-forums?replies=11#post-84111
--------------

In a nutshell here is what I'm suggesting.

The ability toto automatically create and link a new BP forum post (and page would be nice as well) when creating a new WP blog post.

Also, would be nice as part of this if there was an ability to import comments from wp in to the linked bp from topic. This second feature is less important to me but I thought I should include it because other might like it.

This feature is currently available to people using wordpress with the Simple Press forums, so it must also be technically feasible to with buddypress.

This (IMO) would not be a replication because SimplePress is a stand alone plugin that have no out of the box integration with either the BP activity stream or the BP Forums.

I'm confident that if a two-man team like the folks over at SimplePress can make this, it should something WPMU Dev can do without even breaking a sweat! Yes I BELIEVE IN YOU THAT MUCH!

So what do you think?

Is this a good Idea people?

Would any other members like to this sort of thing available.

It seems like a no brainer to me but maybe I'm wrong.

• dapadoo

Well here's my 2 cents. I'm familiar with the feature Avi wrote about. It works great with a stand alone blog. My assumption is most of us that use WPMU DEV are here because of the multi-site plugins and themes.

When I considered using Simple Press the feature written about, being able to connect a blog post to a forum post, was the main reason that it took me so long to switch to a multi-site sooner. The last I checked, a few months ago, the developers of Simple Press are still trying to get it to work with multi-site. Maybe they would work with you?

• Avi

@masson

Thanks for responding but sure I agree (see blow)

@dap

Again thanks for the feedback it is appreciated.

You could be right about users being more interested in multi-site themes and plugins. I don't know enough to say anything one way or the other. Thant being said I'm not really here for multi themes or plugins.I am here specifically for tools and support to help me improve our BuddyPress community which is (and please do correct me if I am wrong) part of what WPMU Dev markets its self as being a resource for. I paid the same premium membership that everyone else has and (not that you are are suggesting the following) and so I would hate to feel like a second class member (so to speak) because I am more interested in the BP aspect of WPMU Dev than I am in their MU offerings.

Please note - I'm not suggesting this is the case just responding to your comment. I do get that you could be right about the majority of users and their interests and if that is the case I understand WPMU Dev's need to focus on this aspect of their market. That being said if every BP related support or feature request I make, is going to be relegated to the custom jobs forum, it will be hard not to sort of feel like a second class member.

Again, I'm not saying this is the case, I'm only responding to what I see as being a possible outcome of what you wrote, if it is in fact accurate.

As for Using SP as I have mentioned before I not looking to leave BP or its forum, which is why I posted my suggestion here on this forum.

• DavidM

Hi Avi,

Just wanted to mention that your suggestions are definitely not overlooked. Personally, I very much like the SimplePress feature of being able to link forum threads to posts (though I do wonder if it would present a duplicate content issue).

Really, it generally comes down to community support for the feature. But there's also the amount of development time required to pull it all together that must be taken into account. And those two items would have to be taken into account with all such suggestions.

But on that note, it's been a little while, perhaps others might have some more fresh comments and +1s on this now?

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.