Wordpress, Upfront, wpmu dev integration

Hello,

I am using Upfront/Scribe and posting questions here in WMPMU DEV land.
I am curious/frustrated with some login duplication.
Currently I can use my login to get to my Wordpress Dashboard, but not to the Upfront dashboard

When I am in Upfront and want to go to support (here)- I get to support but have to log in again.

I remember when moving from WP to Upfront some similar walls. I keep thinking all these things are the same- I still think that, but they seem to behvae as if they are not. Kind of like my health insurance- but that's a different thread.

Any thoughts? Any way I can move smoothly between Upfront and Support without having to log in twice?

Many thanks, Peter

• Ivan Shulev

Hey peter ,

I hope you are having a nice day so far!

The WPMU login account and your WordPress admin accounts are different and for that reason you have to login twice on your WordPress installation. The WPMU Dev login credentials are for your hub on https://premium.wpmudev.org, which might have access to multiple sites and your WordPress login credentials are only for your current site.

As I mentioned above, your WPMU Dev account has access to all your sites (even though mostly partial) and if somebody hacks into your WordPress website, he won't be able to do further damage to other sites. All of our features are connected to this account and if an unauthorized user has access, he might cause big trouble.

So to sum this up, these individual logins are for your own safety.

I hope this answered your questions and I wish you an awesome day ahead!

Ivan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.