WordPress visual editor any recommendations

I have come across the problem that if you use html in your page/post and click over to visual editor it strips out some of the html. I have disabled the visual editor for myself.

My concern is more for people in my network, who may occasionally use a bit of html, but don't usually. In my mind the visual editor "should" show a visual display of your html, not do weird things to it. I am almost certain this is going to cause a problem for some people.

I have read this is a known problem and that this plugin is useful in sorting out the problem: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tinymce-advanced/

However, it was last supported in Dec 2009 and hasn't been updated to show compatibility for WP 3.0.1, even though some people say it works.

I don't really like using plugins that are not supported.

Does anyone have a recommendation or using this plugin?

• AquaPebble
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@drmike

When you are adding a new page/post or editing one, there is the html and visual option. All I am doing is clicking between the two. I start off in the html and when I click to the visual, some of the styling has gone and if I use the style tag is removes it and replaces it with <--- (or something to that affect).

I have turned the visual editor off an everything works fine and the html stays in the page/post and it displays properly.

I have no idea whether a filter has been applied. I looked up that function and perhaps. However, the page works fine if I just leave the html there.

I have read fairly recent posts on wordpress.org where people are having paragraph and break tags removed when clicking over to the visual editor. I haven't tested those yet, but not risking it on the page I am working on at the moment. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.