WordPress website migration from a locally hosted xampp platform to a live server.

Hello Support.

I currently have a locally hosted website that is running XAMPP/PHP/MySql on a Windows 7 PC. Having recently been given a job where I now need to migrate from the locally hosted site (localhost/xampp/knowledge-base) to a remote server, I am encountering problems.

The remote server is in the form of a Thecus N4100PRO NAS Drive (with a webserver module loaded) which is residing on my home LAN network.

I have migrated the database across from the localhost using the 'WP Migrate DB' plugin and used the respective URLs as suggested by the Thecus NAS Drive documentation.

The problem I have is that I keep on getting the error 'Error establishing a database connection' when I try to access the website upon migration. I've been trying to get this work all day; now I'm frustrated and tired......... and turned to you!

I attached some additional info for your perusal. Hopefully what I've provided will give you an idea of what's been done so far. If any additional information is required, I'll try and respond as soon as possible.

Regards, Edward.