Wordpress / WooCommerce slowdown

My site is experiencing slow load times in the frontend and backend. I suspect this may be due to slow mysql queries with admin-ajax.php requests. This is causing an overload of CPU processing. For sites with over 100k orders, is there something to speed up the querying or things to optimize the querying for Wordpress and WooCommerce?

Thank You

• Rupok

Hi Ryan,

Optimizing site is a wide concept. Actually there are lots of things you can do for making your site faster. For example, on server level, you can use reverse proxy with Nginx and Apache so all static data will be served with nginx and apache will handle dynamic processing at the backend. As both of them work together, your site will be faster. You can use CDN as CDN has geo-servers worldwide and they serve your users from their nearest geo server. You can use high level caching on server, your CDN provider may provide caching from their end, and obviously you can add caching on your site. More caching means less request to your server. You can also compress your assets. And there are thousands of other things you can do to make your site faster.

But to know a proper plan, we have a mega tutorial series on this. Can you please have a look here? https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/speeding-up-wordpress/

I believe this guide will help you in understanding what approaches you should take. Or if you want some quick workaround, you can try our Hummingbird plugin. Hummingbird zips through your site finding new ways to make it load faster, from file compression and minification to browser caching – because when it comes to pagespeed, every millisecond counts. You will get full usage guide of Hummingbird plugin, here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wp-hummingbird/#product-usage

Please let us know if you have any confusion or if you are stuck at any point. We will be glad to assist further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.