Wordpress+buddypress+bbpress integration and blogging

Hi,

I have just started working on my project and I am planing to integrate wp+bp+bbp. I have already done a test integration website: please visit: kooksjournal.com and http://community.kooksjournal.com/

My question is about bloging. I would like to allow users to create a blog. I tried to do that by creating a test user and created a blog. But I have all sorts of problems. Number 1 is the dashboard. It shows all the registered web sites. If I have hundreds of users, each having their own blog. This can easily get out of hand. What is the best way to allow users to blog?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ozgurpolat,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

From the input you have provided the first thing you want to do to prevent a free for all on your host full of splogs is a way to manage the signup and privileges of blogs using something like the Pro Sites plugin.

Regarding the listing of blogs and their users, I do not know of a better way to manage them and currently most of us are using the WordPress core management.

With that said here are a whole bunch of user management plugins and though I do not know of a specific choice, it would be in your interest to chose one that is not old and not updated and the more stars the better.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?q=user+management&sort=

One of those should do the job for you.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• ozgurpolat
    • New Recruit

I tried pro sites plugin but it really isn't an answer to what I need. I would like to have two main sites, one is the magazine and the other one the community site (buddypress+bbpress) and one blog site. At the moment if one user registers a blog and then another one registers another blog, both users see all four sites in the dashboard. I just want only three sites available to users from the dashboard, two main sites plus their own blog not the other user's blog. I tried to use ultimate branding plugin, if for example I deactivate sites, then it is deactivated for all users including the super admin account. Is there a way to define a dashboard depending on the user?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ozgurpolat,

At the moment if one user registers a blog and then another one registers another blog, both users see all four sites in the dashboard.

That would be a surprise to me since I have never seen this reaction before and as a matter of fact I cannot replicate if I want without making each user a member of the other blog.

You are developing with one browser and testing with a different browser?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• ozgurpolat
    • New Recruit

Hi Joe,

I cannot repeat it. I deleted all the users I have and registered two more users and logged in, as both users see three sites, the main site, buddypress site in the subdirectory and their own primary blog. The super admin sees all four sites. My only guess is that I logged in as super admin but thought that I was in as another user. So probably it was my mistake.

• ozgurpolat
    • New Recruit

Ok I managed to repeat it. I was logged in as super admin, and the logged out. Using the same browser and same window, I logged in as the ordinary user (baran). Wordpress then somehow made this user a participant of the blog of another ordinary user (dilan). So I see four blogs, but not three. When I first created this user (baran), there were only three blogs this user (baran) had access to, now he has four blogs under "My Sites".

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ozgurpolat,

Sir this will not work due to the fact that the cookies and cache are still reporting that you are indeed super admin even if you have logged out.

You need to be developing with one browser and testing with a browser that you can easily delete cookies and cache - testing with the same browser as developing is a big do not do this.

If you indeed insist on using the same browser then you should be closing the development/test browser and using something like CCleaner to get rid of the items tracking you.

You will need to close the browser to effectively clean it up.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• ozgurpolat
    • New Recruit

Hi, sorry for the late response. I am trying to set up three or four different test wp+bp multisites where I will install each wpmu plug-in I am having trouble with on its own and nothing else. As soon as I finish testing I will report.

Besr regards

ozgur

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.