Words in data.php doesn't change with po file

Hi,
I use directory plugin and translate it with po editor almost all the words changed but words that are in the : /public_html/wp-content/plugins/directory/core/data.php
are not change (all the listing words). The other words in other files change so I think it something on that file that not work. Just to clear it the words from that file are found on the po file but after I translate them they are not change on the website. (like others words from other files) Thanks

• galdo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Arnold, It works now so thank you very much!!
    I have two more things:
    1. I want to add two button (see screen shot) that one will direct to " my listing" and second will direct to home page, can you help me with this?
    2. there is still "add a tag" in english (see screenshot) can you direct me where to change it?
    Thank you again for your support

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

For the buttons you'd be better off using the custom menu. You can add whatever you want in Appearance > Menu. Otherwise you'll need to change templates. See image below.

For the "add a tag", that's in a piec of Javascript. You can change the call in
    directory/ui-front/general/page-update-listing.php at line around 154.

Change

<script type=&quot;text/javascript&quot; > jQuery('#tag_<?php echo $tag_name; ?>').tagsInput({width:'auto', height:'150px'}); </script>

to

<script type=&quot;text/javascript&quot; > jQuery('#tag_<?php echo $tag_name; ?>').tagsInput({width:'auto', height:'150px', defaultText: 'changed text'}); </script>

For the buttons where you indicate you'll need to change the

• galdo

Thank you again,
    I edit the file but i have new problem it looks like that it has problem with hebrew (see screenshot) and also please advice how to change the align of the menu (see screenshot)
    thanks
    Gal

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

In layout.css change the

#navigation .menu-header li, div.menu li {
        float: left;
        position: relative;
    }

to

#navigation .menu-header li, div.menu li {
        float: right;
        position: relative;
    }

You may also want to add

<html dir="rtl" >

to the header.php. It's supposed to be automatic with the language_attributes() call in the html tag but you're apparently not getting it.

On the text assuming you put the utf-8 encoded in correctly it should work. Take a look at the actual characters in the page source that's generated.

• galdo

Hi Arnlod,
    Two new problems that I found:
    1. the category area is not clickable anymore, before the changes I could check but now not and I don't know why.
    2. there few things that didn't translate like listing is deleted.
    Thanks again

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

The listing is deleted should have been fixed in the latest update. It was a missing text domain on a couple of texts.

On the check boxes, what your describing happens if you don't have "assign_terms" capabilities on the taxononmy. When you were editing the data.php you may have messed up that section.

The line in question should read

'capabilities'  => array( 'assign_terms' => 'edit_listings' ),

if you edited that line and let it intialize it may not have set correctly.

To fix it make sure you have the latest data.php delete the directory_listing post type and the two listing taxonomies, deactivate the plugin and reactivate it whic will recreate them from scratch. You'll need to re translate the labels again.

• galdo

Hi Arnold,
    About the "Listing is deleted" I translate it in the dr_text_domain like all the words and it don't show the translate words.
    About the line I didn't touch it and I check it and it is the same as the line that you write. If you still think that the only way to fix it is by your steps I will be happy if you can explain to me what you mean "delete the directory_listing post type and the two listing taxonomies" I'm not sure what files you mean to delete, from which folder and which plugin to deactivate and reactivate directory or custompress. The labels that you mention are from custompress?
    Thank you again
    Gal

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Yes the problem was the code __('Listing is deleted',''); should have been __('Listing is deleted', $this->text_domain); which i what was corrected.

In CustomPress > Content Types > Post types delete the directroy_listing. And in Taxonomy the two listing taxonomies. Then deactivate directory and reactivate directtory.

• galdo

Hi Arnold, I don't know what I did but now the website doesn't load, I fix the missing $this->text_domain and then I found that there 2 others that missed it so I add it too but now I got : ????? 500 HTTP (Internal Server Error):, I delete the line by the FTP but the site still doesn't load.
    Any Idea?

• galdo

I don't know if it help you but this is the first massage about the problem: ???? ???? ?????? ??? ????? ?? ?http://sbadswap.co.il/wp-login.php?action=logout&_wpnonce=b3c422776c&redirect_to=http://sbadswap.co.il?. ????? ???? ????? ????? ?????? ?? ?????? ????? ????.
    Thanks

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Well somethings damaged and the question marks indicates it's probably the encoding. Down load the latest version and get the copy of the file from it which already has the fix in it and just copy it in over the damaged copy. The text_domain was the only change to it.

• galdo

Hi,
    I download the last version and it still the old main.php without the text_domain change. it still ver 2.2,0.7 or i miss something. I upload the main.php file and now the website is load but still without the changes (because there is no text_domain)
    About the second problem I find and delete the posts and then deactivate directory and reactivate directory. and then I check it and it create the posts again but it remeber the old labels and the catagory area is still not clickable.
    thanks

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Yeah I made the change in Classifeds and thumbnailsgot distracted and missed Directory, New version is up. You need to update it anyway because of a bug that snuck in with v3.5 on tyhumbnails.

The translation files didn't change so oyu should be ok to use your current ones.

• galdo

Hi Arnold,
    Thanks for your update and help,
    The bug with "Listing is deleted" is fix.
    The main problem is the unclickable catagory area I did what you suggest and it still not work, I upgrade it and it still doens't work I delete it and install it again and it is still not clickable.
    beside that there are few things that doesn't translate like the add a tag and other (I think I can fix it) but everytime there will be new version it will change so if you can fix it once and for I will be happy.
    Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.