Work when preview but not when published

Hi, first I have check with 2012 Themes and it works.
With my theme, when I click on preview, I get the questions, as soon as I published it, the error 404 appears !
Any clue ?
Cheers,
Momo

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Momo,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums. Thanks for checking it with the default theme.

Can you please try resetting your permalinks and then try it again ?

Change them to default and then set them back to pretty and see if that works fine.

Please let me know if that does not and we will dig deeper.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Thanks for posting back.

did you change the Q&A slugs in wp-config.php ?

do you have any redirect rules in htaccess ?

As the plugin is working fine with 2012 with pretty permalinks, can you advise what is the theme you are using ? and does it force any kind of rewrite rules in functions.php ?

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• Maurizio
    • Flash Drive

Well well well slow down :slight_smile:
    This is worst than an exam that I don't have prepared :slight_smile:
    I am using Colorlabsproject theme and I am using wordfence that it might have change the .htaccess but I don't think it touch this file.
    About the wp-config and functions well, I might have change something but please don't ask me what :slight_smile:
    But for sure I didn't touched them after installed Q&A !

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Maurizio,

Thanks for posting back. Sorry for the delay as I was away for a couple of days to spend time with family.

Its sad to hear that you had to go a different way to get the work done. Please let me know if you want me to test the plugin with your setup (the same theme etc, on my lab site)

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

I am all set to test that on my lab site. Can you please send me a copy of the theme to our contact email address contact at wpmudev dot org

Mark the email to my attention and include a link to this thread please.

Cheers, PC

• Maurizio
    • Flash Drive

Well I am glad it works for you but I need to know how you get it works because I still can't have it works.
    I am still trying and get more and more angry getting stuck !

Are they known issues with one of those plugins:
    -Akismet
    -bbpress
    -code Styling Localization
    -Contact Form 7
    -Newsletter
    -Really Simple CAPTCHA
    -Social Marketing
    -Wordfence Security
    -WordPress HTTPS
    -WP Mail From II

Can you tell me how you did install the Q&A ?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Thanks for posting back.

I am still trying and get more and more angry getting stuck !

Please do not be angry as WordPress is pretty smart. The more angry you are the more issues it will create :slight_smile:

Are they known issues with one of those plugins:
    -Akismet
    -bbpress
    -code Styling Localization
    -Contact Form 7
    -Newsletter
    -Really Simple CAPTCHA
    -Social Marketing
    -Wordfence Security
    -WordPress HTTPS
    -WP Mail From II

I tested it with all the plugins disabled. Can you please try it that way as well ? If that does not work after that, it might be an issue somewhere else.

Can you tell me how you did install the Q&A ?

I simply installed it using WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Maurizio
    • Flash Drive

Well as you know I paid for it and I get problem with mostly all the plugin I'd like to use with WPMU so yes, I get really disapointed because I am really loosing time a lot with mostly the plugins.
    I still do not understand, I have removed the plugin and install it again from the WPMU dashboard and it still doesn't work.
    I tried with a fresh installation, without any plugin on another new site in another hosting and get stuck the same !
    Did you set the permalinks to %postname% ?
    Can somebody have a look to the new site from the admin panel ?
    The new site doesn't have nothing, I only installed it for test !
    One more thing, if people working for WPMU went to the same school at David Coperfiel we will all understand that what you can do, we can't do it :slight_smile:

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Thanks for the post.

Its sad that you have given up on this.

However to answer your questions,

Did you set the permalinks to %postname% ?
    Can somebody have a look to the new site from the admin panel ?

Yes, I am using that structure.

I can have a look at your site if you can send me the admin login details on the same email address I provided above (where you sent the theme)

I would appreciate if you can check the chat with my theme please because I also get problems !
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/there-chat-its-not-showing-up-on-page#post-440184

I tested the chat plugin with your theme and found that the theme is not allowing the shortcodes to work. The bottom corner chat is working fine but something in your theme is preventing the shortcodes from working.

I will suggest you to get in touch with the theme developer once and ask them to look into it. I can assure you that its not the plugin causing the problem, but it's the theme.

For Q&A I can check the settings if you send me your login details for your site.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Maurizio
    • Flash Drive

PC no problem, I can not play now with developers and as I have found another way for the Q&A I want try with the plugin.
    For the CHAT too, it's not a real need so I will uninstall it.
    Any they say less plugin is better for a wordpress theme.

You can now close this case.

Regards and thanks for your help!
    Momo

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.