I'm trying to create a simple forum site, using WordPress Multisite + bbPress plugin, with the following workflow:
* User visits site, some pages are public, some are protected with a message "you must sign up to view more"
* User completes a basic form, receives an auto email saying "your application is pending"
* The User account in WP gets created, but assigned to some custom role that has no privileges, other than the "you must sign up" message should say "your signup is pending"
* Site admin gets an email alert saying there has been a sign up to approve/deny
* Site admin can deny user, or approve, via a web link to WordPress
* If approved, the User is moved to a new forum Role that can view the protected content
* Approved User gets an email letting them know they have been approved with a link to the site
No payment is required at any point, and their subscription to the site should not expire (unless manually edited by a Site admin)
After reading this, do you think that the Protected Content plugin can help with some/all of these requirements? It seems like (with the add-ons) it should be able to do most of it...
Thanks for any advice you can give!