Working With Certain Pages W Membership & Meta Widget

site, parttimeselling.com
3.2.1 WP
theme Business Feature 2.1.1

Part 1
Ok, in short per the setup instructions I created a generic MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED PAGE & MY ACCOUNT PAGE.

But these 2 pages are appearing at my top navigation bar. I dont need them there. The My Account option is under my Meta widget and that works for me.

The theme menu option is overiding the membership menus and are not changing based on the subscription level and log in of the user. How do I get the Membership pluging to override the menu function of the theme and put the subscription level menu options in the top orange bar?

Part 2
For the meta widget, I just need login/out and My account. How do I remove the rest?

• DavidM

Hi JasonG,

The menu items available there would depend first off on what you've made available through the custom menu at Appearance > Menus.

With that setup, Membership can be used to restrict the appearance of particular items, depending on how you've set that up in the membership levels.

It really just depends on how you've setup the rules for the menus in your membership levels.

As for the meta widget, that's a core widget, not something we can really advise on editing. However, in your prior thread I mentioned a snippet provided in another thread by Johnathan, that can give you a very easy to use solution for the login, as follows:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/login-short-code#post-108030

But there are a number of login widgets you could use on top of that. It really depends on how you want the login to work.

There's also the following, to let you remove at least one thing from the meta widget.
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/customize-meta-widget/

Cheers,
    David

• JasonG

The menu items available there would depend first off on what you've made available through the custom menu at Appearance > Menus.

I did add menu options here, yes, but only as an experiment because the menu options for Membership plugin were not appearing anywhere once I activated the theme. I understand I can simply remove this menu list. I would think if there was nothing here it would/should default to the membership plugin?

Bottom line is I dont need the APPEARANCE>MENU option to even exist, I only need the MEMBERSHIP PLUGIN menu to function within that same orange bar on my site. Under APPEARANCE>MENU I have just removed the menu as the primary navigation so there is nothing in the top orange bar.

Perhaps I am not understanding something, but why didnt the MEMBERSHIP menu options appear in the theme once I installed the theme or changed the primary navigation to nothing??

Perhaps this goes back to my whole theme post earlier today that i was working with Tammie on. But if I change the theme to the basic 2011 theme, my MEMBERSHIP menu appears. Reload this Business Feature theme and it is no where to be seen.

Appreciate details on the Meta

thanks!

• Philip John

Hiya,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we'll get onto it and helping you out asap!

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thanks,
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.