Working with multisite, buddypress and the membership plugin

Using Multisite, buddypress and the membership plugin can it be set up where new subscription could be authorized throughout the multisite network?

Meaning: Register once yet be connected with membership on all sites?
Thanks so very much for any assistance.
Mark Moore

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Mark,

Hope you're well?

Yes this could be done, thought membership is very limited when working globally across the network.

When working globally (network wide) You can't protect subsites using the normal page/post rules, you would have to use URL groups for the subsites, this would mean entering the URLs of the pages you do/don't want protected into a URL group, & then adding those URL groups to your access levels.

If you wish to do this, you will need to make sure that Membership plugin is network activated, then add the following to your wp-config.php

define( 'MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_TABLES', true);

I've never set it up like that before, so i'm not sure if you'll need this plugin too, this plugin automatically registers a user to that site the first time they visit it.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/join-my-multisite/

Hope this helps

• mark_moore
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Vaughan,

Thank you for your very fast reply and assistance.
    I guess one question as I'm just trying to visualize what you mean by URL Groups?
    Think I need just a little more clarification. i.e. do you mean setting up something within the membership plugin?

Thanks again for your insight just attempting to understand.
    Mark

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

Yes, URL groups is a feature in Membership plugin.

Rather than selecting a page in your access level rules, you add the URL groups rule.

You can add URL's to the URL groups setting, and any URL's in that URL group will be protected by the membership rules.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.