Working with Woocommerce in WPMU Upfront

I've begun working with Woocommerce in Upfront. It's great that WPMU has released some updates that improve compatibility with Woocommerce, but where can I find documentation?

Do we edit the default pages that Woocommerce creates at install? Or do we create our own and enter their shortcode? This is what my cart, shop (default page woocommerce created) and checkout (not sure if i'm supposed to include a widget or shortcode of some sort here) pages look like. Product page seems to look fine.

I'm trying to figure out how to tie it all together.

• Nithin

Hi Leno,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I'm afraid at the moment there isn't any documentation available regarding this, and it will be something will he developers will work upon.

You can create layouts, and try adding shortcodes, and style according to it. That would be one option. Other than that, you can find layouts for WooCommerce pages, by clicking the Layouts button.

There are some pages for which there isn't any option to add via Builder. For layouts not listed in the above screenshot like shop, checkout pages etc, you'll have to create a single page, drag & drop the Widget element, and add the available WooCommerce widget elements, and style according to it.

If wants to use the default pages added by Woo (when installing the plugin), then must:

1.- Go to your page eg: example.com/checkout
    2. - To know which classes or ids to use, preferably inspect the Checkout Page (for example, or any other Woo Page that’s not available on the Builder Templates).
    3. - Then create a Single Page layout
    4. - Select the element that has page content sample and click on settings
    5. - Edit the preset, or add a new preset containing styles for that WooCommerce page
    6.- Save / Export

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hey Leno,

I got an update regarding this from the developer, and it seems like the above suggested method for /shop, /checkout, cart pages, won't work fully, because Upfront Builder at the moment, cannot access specific elements for cart, shop, and checkout. And even if you are implementing it as mentioned above, it would require a lot of custom work to achieve.

This is something, which the developers are aware of, and more features to work, and customize WooCommerce will be implemented in the future release of Upfront Builder.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.