works properly with Safari, but not with Chrome and Firefox: problem with the cart

I did all the tests with Safari, as I 'm a Mac Addict and the plugin is done with people "who know".
But, , tonight, a friend of mine, told me that it doesn't work nor with Chrome, nor with Firefox. In fact what don't work are the plugins I used to print the cart: MP Floating Cart and MP Custom Shipping Form. Ok, they are not exactly yours, but I have found them because I 've read all I 've found about market press on this website.
So I need a solution.

Eric

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi Eric

The cart doesn't work even in Safari in MAC. I have tried in all three major browsers, but the cart didn't work at all.

Are you using any cache plugin?

Also, would you please enable default marketpress cart widget at the sidebar and check if that cart works at all?

Let me know please.

Cheers
    Ash

• Eric
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

About the cart: for me it work with Safari, that is the reason why I knew it yesterday after the official launch, when a friend told me that there is a problem. I know I should have tested it on several browser, but... .
    And I have absolutely none cache plugin.
    I will try the cart widget, but, as my website doesn't support them, I have to write some lines of code in the function.php file. And it will be for tomorrow. I will try and tell you what happened.

About the title of the page, I saw it and planned to to make that problem, the topic of another question. Even if I guess where is the problem.

My main problem is that I develop my website because I really like the "home made" stuff but I have a real lack of time for it because of what makes my life: photography. So, time to times, when a problem doesn't seems important I think "OK, it will be for later"

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

WOW! You're a photographer :slight_smile: I do the job occasionally though and I love it :slight_smile:

Anyway, back to the point - I agree with you home made stuffs are always tasty as you have whole control on it :slight_smile:

And sure, do some more test and let me know by tomorrow. But unfortunately the cart didn't work for me in safari either.

Cheers
    Ash

• Eric

So, I added a widget zone in the function.php file and I added the market press' cart one in the dedicated place on the widget screen .
    I didn't add it in my page code (it looks ugly), but kept the plugins and everything seems working.
    Can you test for being sure?

But the product list page has still the title "impossible to find".

Some more questions: Do I have to create in the back-end a page "product" linked to the template page "product list", as well as a cart one, ... ?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi there

I don't see your new cart widget though ant it still seems the cart is not working.

Just to be sure, would you please activate default WP 2012 theme and check if the page works?

Also, you don't need to create a page unless you use custom template. MarketPress includes all the required pages with a default template.

Please let me know about the theme testing, so that we can make sure that if the problem is with the theme or not.

Cheers
    Ash

• Eric

I think I know why you have troubles with the cart: I limited the shop to the CEE, because, for the beginning, I didn't want to deal with different shipping costs. So now it is for "all the world". You can try.

• Eric

I have a development version where I can test anything, but what is difficult to understand is why does it works for me and not for you?

I 've just did what I should have done since the beginning: make a trial with the fourteen theme, and it works even on a computer where it didn't work.

Le site is in mode maintenance but I left you a door to see it: login with the id "testeur" and the password "123456" and as the site is now a real mess, here 's a link to the page: http://www.ombres-et-lumieres.eu/store/products/

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi there

As you changed the theme and the cart is working fine for me. I believe the issue is with your theme. The cart is working fine for me with 2014 theme in all browsers :slight_smile:

You may need to change the theme or ask the theme developer what's wrong in there.

Would you please check with another theme and let me know?

Cheers
    Ash

• Eric

The theme is mine. I am the developer and it is bad news.
    And a good one in the same time: I also had some troubles with another plugin, not from wpmu, and now, I know more or less where I have to search.

The problem is with ajax and, so jquery. So I will begin to try my theme without my jquery scripts.

In the same time, I will try to clean the php and see what will happen.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.