Would like to link Appointments+ with a mailing / template system

Hello
One client ask me for a website for her course. She gives personal course (physical, not online) and would like to have people (2 or 3 persons per course) that can subscribe to one course on a fixed date. After the course she wants to be able to send email directly and easily to the attended persons using predefined templates (that would include some links to documents about the course).
I thought about using Appointments+ for the registration to the defined date... is it possible to use it for that application ? I mean does it supports more than 1 subscriber for one time slot ? or will it be better to use the events+ plugin for that application ?

How could I in one case or the other one capture the email of the clients to include them in a premade template mailing system ? is there such a plugin available by WPMUDEV ?
Alternatively we can imagine to use some personal access area (such as with coursepress pro or membership 2 pro) but really it should be something easy to use.

What are your advice for all of that ?
Thank you very much for your help

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Sylvio,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

In this case both Events+ and Appointments+ could do the trick but in my opinion A+ would be more elegant solution so I'll focus on explaining on how that would work.

Appointments+ is intended to be used mostly as one on one appointment solution but it does offer you to create "dummy" providers in order to apply multiple providers to one service which will increase the capacity of the appointment but all the dummy emails will be forwarded to your main provider.

A+ by default has a email field which is required by clients in order to book an appointment and it also sends confirmation email to client after booking, which is customizable from plugin settings and you can add your own content in there.

Alternatively we can imagine to use some personal access area (such as with coursepress pro or membership 2 pro) but really it should be something easy to use.

If you wish to go down this route my suggestion is Membership 2 plugin, it's quite easy to setup new membership and protect your desired page(s) with couple of clicks.

Let us know if you have any followup questions about this :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Sylvio

Thank you for your advice. One more question, about the email, I though not about a email that is sent automatically when the booking is done, but a manually triggered email from one template (choice in a list, not always the same) after the meeting is done, this basically will be a kind of summary of the past course.
    That's why I thought about e-newsletter. But I never tried it, and I don't know if it's the simplest way to manually trigger a email from a template to someone. Do you have experiment about it ?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Sylvio,

Ah, ok, sorry for not understanding this right away :slight_smile:

With our e-Newsletter plugin you can create unlimited different newsletters and create groups where you can add your clients, for example you can have an group for each course.

Then when sending out the desired newsletter you can select which group it will be sent to and that's it.

Downside here is that there's no integration with Appointments+ and you will need to manually create your groups and add your clients in there.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Sylvio,

I'm afraid that A+ doesn't offer a list of the appointments, it can only show weekly or monthly selector.

For the list you could try using E+ instead as it does allow you to put the archive shortcode anywhere in content and limit how far ahead it will look for events.
    Something like this will show events in next 4 weeks only:
    [eab_archive lookahead="yes" weeks="4"]

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Sylvio

Thank you for the news... Still have some questions about integration of E+ and Marketpress... I would like that a not loged-in user could register directly via marketpress paiement, not having to create a login before buying a place for an event, this is too complicated for new user.
    Is it possible ?

Finally wouldn't be easier for my case to just use membership 2 pro to sale at the same time a course and register for an access ?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Sylvio,

I would like that a not loged-in user could register directly via marketpress paiement, not having to create a login before buying a place for an event, this is too complicated for new user.

I'm afraid that this is not possible at the moment as the E+ needs to reserve the spot for the even before the payment is made so the users must be registered first.

Finally wouldn't be easier for my case to just use membership 2 pro to sale at the same time a course and register for an access?

This really depends on how you would like the process to work.
    With Membership 2 you can limit access to certain pages/posts and users will need to register to selected membership in order to view those.

If you're not in a hurry I would suggest giving it a try and see if it fits your needs :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Sylvio

Hello.
    Yes I tried and it *almost* fit my needs. We will use it for a first version.
    I have 2 points that would be great to workaround... could you please give me advice for those ?
    1) We have 2 payments method : Stripe or manual payment. When the manual payment is chosen I would like to aromatically send an email with the payment info (bank account etc... as they are setup and displayed on the payment page). Any idea how to set this up ?

2) I use Divi as theme for this site. I see that the Membership2 plugin rewrite the content for its special page (at least registration page) and breaks the page layout when divi is used but not when the page is a "standard" wordpress page. Is there a special div ID or css class to set to the container element where the short code is placed to avoid this layout break ?

Thanks for the help.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Sylvio,

1) We have 2 payments method : Stripe or manual payment. When the manual payment is chosen I would like to aromatically send an email with the payment info (bank account etc... as they are setup and displayed on the payment page). Any idea how to set this up ?

When you use manual payments you can go to Store Settings > Payments panel and scroll down to "Manual Payment Settings" section where you will see "Order Confirmation Email" field to configure the email.

2) I use Divi as theme for this site. I see that the Membership2 plugin rewrite the content for its special page (at least registration page) and breaks the page layout when divi is used but not when the page is a "standard" wordpress page. Is there a special div ID or css class to set to the container element where the short code is placed to avoid this layout break ?

Could you tell me a bit more about this issue, is there a link where I can see this because on my end both membership list and registration pages are showing fine:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Sylvio

Thanks for the answers but, 1) I don't have any store settings, I use Membership plugin 2, should I install marketplace as addon ?
    2) here you show a standard page, not a build with Divi visual builder one. On the standard page it works but not with a predefined design using the page builder. Here is an example URL : hxxps://aucreuxdemesbras.ch/services/inscription-2/
    If you click on "inscription" you will see...

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Sylvio,

1) I don't have any store settings, I use Membership plugin 2, should I install marketplace as addon ?

Oh, I though you were using MarketPress to sell your events.
    Membership 2 doesn't have option to send a specific email for manual payments and something like that would require custom development.

What you could do as a workaround is activate Additional Automated Emails add-on in Membership 2 > Add-ons panel, then go to Membership 2 > Settings > Automated Emails tab and in there configure "Signup - User account created" email.

You can then include something like this in the email:
    If you have chosen manual payment you can follow the instructions here for completing your payment: LINK_TO_PAGE
    And add link to a page where you explain payment steps.

2) here you show a standard page, not a build with Divi visual builder one. On the standard page it works but not with a predefined design using the page builder. Here is an example URL : hxxps://aucreuxdemesbras.ch/services/inscription-2/
    If you click on "inscription" you will see...

Hmm, yes, I can see the issue there and have similar behavior on my installation when configured this way.
    As I understand you would like the registration form to load in that spot but I'm afraid that is not possible with Divi without some custom development.

Since you have only one membership available you could try replacing the membership selector with the registration form for that specific membership so your members will see the form right away instead of the need for page refresh.
    You can show the form for specific membership by using shortcode like this:
    [ms-membership-register-user membership_id="XX"]
    Just replace XX with the ID of your membership.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Sylvio

Hello
    Thank you for all those workaround.
    For the last one, I m afraid it will not work because we will set several subscriptions and I see that the link to login for the already subscribed members also breaks something : hxxps://aucreuxdemesbras.ch/services/inscription-2-2/?do-login=1
    Is there really nothing to do in the source code , a class or an ID to define the zone to be rewritten by the plugin ? I except it's a javascript that rewrite some content of the page no ?

Anyway thanks again for the advice and help.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Sylvio,

I'm afraid that there's no quick fix for this and it would require some custom development.

I'll check with our devs on how could we improve Divi compatibility in future.

Only thing I managed to do as a partial workaround is to write a small jQuery that will add the missing Divi classes to the M2 form so that registration form looks better.
    You can add this inside child theme functions.php or as a mu-plugin and that should do the trick:

add_action( 'wp_footer', 'add_divi_clases_to_m2' );
    function add_divi_clases_to_m2() {
    if( ! isset( $_POST[ 'membership_id' ] ) ){
        return;
    } ?>
    	<script type="text/javascript">
    		jQuery( document ).ready(function() {
    		    jQuery( '.ms-membership-form-wrapper' ).wrap( '<div class="et_pb_row et_pb_row_0" /></div>' ).wrap( '<div class="et_pb_column et_pb_column_4_4  et_pb_column_0 et-last-child"></div>' ).wrap( '<div class="et_pb_text et_pb_module et_pb_bg_layout_light et_pb_text_align_left  et_pb_text_0"></div>' ).wrap( '<div class="et_pb_text_inner"></div>' );
    		});
    	</script>
    <?php }

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.