Would love to have to option to control entirely from network Admin Screen

Put a +1 on scheduled snap shots. Not sure if this is possible. I have several newbies using my MS install and I would like to manage the snapshots from the network panel in MS. In other words schedule snapshots across my network for all my sub site installs so users do not have to(all from the network admin). I guess this would be a kind of super easy to use back up script. I find most other means of backing up including backup buddy or GD Press tools required to many steps– this is why I like snapshot.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings marcdubeau,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Put a +1 on scheduled snap shots.

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available – but we would love to put it into consideration for future development and lead developer notified of feature request.

Any other +1’s out there for this feature?

Thanks again and it is great to have you as a WPMU Dev member.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

Guys I actually have this coming in the next version. The Snapshot interface will be removed from the sub-sites screens and will only be available from the main site. On the Add New screen you will have to select the site to backup. Once the selection is made the tables listing will change to reflect table from that site.

I realize this may still be tedious. In that you need to backup each sub-site individually. We have concerns about timeouts when trying to backup many dozens of tables.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@marcdubeau, Starting with version 1.0.2 the Snapshot plugin is Network Admin only under Multisite installs. Though there seems to be a consensus that you should not run the plugin under MS. Also in the latest version is scheduling.

Would like to get some feedback if this all works for you.

Cheers,

P-

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.