Would "Protected Content" be better suited than Pay-Per-View" for requiring payment f

I have PPV, but haven't got it working yet. I noticed your ad for "Protected Content." Could (and Should) I switch over to this new plugin? I don't really know the difference. Ideally, I would have them integrate with MailChimp, as this is where my newsletter database is. Presently, this functions as my membership database.

Whether I use PPV or Protected Content, I need to be able to protect content until paid. I would like to be able to waive pmt for some people too. I'm not sure how to do that in either plugin.

Do either of these integrate with MailChimp without custom programming?

• aristath

Hello again @Jay,

PPV and Protected Content are completely different plugins!

On Pay Per View, the user can pay on a per-post basis, and their access is valid just for that single post, for a set time.
    On the Protected Content plugin, the user can register as a member and pay a subscription (one-time or recurring) to get access to an array of areas on your site.

The difference is that Protected Content manages subscriptions, while PPV is what you'd call "micro-subscriptions".

Protected Content integrates with MailChimp out of the box without needing any extra code. :slight_smile:

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.