Would you know why all my events were cleared when updating to WordPress 4.1

We are using a custom WordPress theme created by an outside vendor. This morning we tried to perform the update to WordPress 4.1, after it was updated we started testing the site. When I went to the events page all of the events were missing. I went into the plugin through the dashboard and all of the events were completely removed from the site. We had a back up, so we were able to get everything back up and running, but I need to be able to update WordPress.

Have you heard of any others with this issue? Do you have any suggestions for us?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Peter, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

I haven't heard of any others with this issue, but I would like to ask, do you have a test site handy for this?

I'd want to see if perhaps having a default theme (such as the Twenty Fifteen theme), and only Events+ enabled would make a difference here, as those entries shouldn't be wiped out on an update to WordPress 4.1.

Another thing you could try would be to use our Snapshot plugin to back up the database for the site in question here, and re-import it after updating the network to WordPress 4.1.

Please advise,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.