Would you suggest using MotoPress Content Editor?

I’d like a more intuitive design experience. the motopress appears to offer that. Anyone using it? Like it? Will it play nice with elegant themes?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @gregory

Welcome to the forums!

I just installed it on a test site and, while it does look kinda cool at first glance, every theme I activated (including some from ElegantThemes) gave me a "Not supported" message in the MotoPress settings.

So there does appear to be extra work involved in modifying themes to work with it.

However, we are in the final stages of development of our own theme framework that's gonna knock your socks off. :slight_smile:

Before releasing it though, we will make a beta available in the forums for our members only to play with. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, there are other things you can do to make content editing easier. For example, this plugin enables you to create custom sidebars and use 'em anywhere you want them:

http://wordpress.org/plugins/widgetize-pages-light/

There's a premium version ($20) which a bunch of extra features too:

http://otwthemes.com/product/sidebar-widget-manager-for-wordpress/

• seppo
    • Flash Drive

MightyDeals had MotoPress for $9 and I grabbed it from there. I’m using Modernize theme from ThemeForest and haven’t had any integration problems. I’m just creating my first page with MotoPress and while it does allow you to easily create columns and simple things like that, I’m not seeing any place to add custom CSS to the blocks I’m adding. Seems quite limited, but perhaps worth the $9 I paid for it. The deal might still be available if you check quickly.

• faydra_deon
    • WordPress Warrior

I also snagged MotoPress from MightyDeals, and I can’t say it’s impressed me much at all. The only reason I’m not asking for refund is because it was $9, and it’s possible I might find a real use for it later on another project.

I’d say give it a go for the $9 price on MightyDeals, but know that you may have some issues with it.

Faydra…

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.