Wouldn't give me Download zip for Network, just Installed

Hi! I need to have the zip file for Network so I can Upload the Parent and child via Filezilla and up to my Content Folder in public_html. I want to understand the Parent Child relationship and get going on a great site! It would only install, but is this possible now? I'm ready to do it right. I have been stressed my follower base is growing rapidly and I'm all out of technical pushes (IT can get away with a lot but this is at its end tonight : ) ) Please Help me get the Zip, Do you need Access Granted again? Anything!!!!

Ryan

ITsupport

Hi! Last time we spoke you asked me to put my website in Debug Mode, "I checked it and it's just displaying the blank white page.
    Can you please try enabling WP_DEBUG mode? To do this, just go to wp-config.php include this:
    define('WP_DEBUG',true);
    You might already have a line for WP_DEBUG, so just make sure it's set to true."

and expecting to hear back I did not know what to do besides take it off because it was Prime Time in the evening and I ended up fixing it in phpMyAdmin. I am hoping to just get clarification that I need to upload the parent child folders into content for the Network Theme so I can get started. Or is it ok to just install like it did now and maybe any knowledge of known issues, hangups or great install, pre and post, tips for my Network setup.

Tyler Postle

Hey Ryan,

Hope you're doing well today!

make sure you are logged in on our website, then you can go to this page here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/network-theme/

Hit the "Download Theme 1.8.3" and you will get the zip file with the includes child theme in there

You will find the child theme: /wp-content/themes/network/themes/network-child

Upload that to your /wp-content/themes folder.

As for your whitescreen, is looks to be displaying your site fine now? I just visited it.

The idea of a child theme vs parent theme, is so you can make customizations to a theme without having to edit the core theme files themselves. If you make edits to the parent theme files then when there is an update for that theme you will lose all your customizations - but if you have a child theme then all your customizations go in there and they will be update safe.

Hope this helps Ryan! Let us know if you have further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

ITsupport

Thank you, yes! I got all that, though I never had done a literal install of a parent child theme, not until last night in PHP my Admin did I notice the Theme field and Stylesheet field that I surmised was actually the Parent and Child.. And thus the reason my changes were not holding, perhaps, since upfront theme/parent of up-fixer child/stylesheet, the data guy hella thought no but I forgot to tell you we are saying hella now.

So I learned of the uploading to the content folder earlier by the instructions on the Network theme. I am just confused as to why it allowed me to installl, and if so, what would the implications be if I did not reinstall the proper way? Thank you very much please close all other tickets I cant get the radio button or what have you to enter a closed state (now I'm guessing what that state is called). I will enjoy looking forward to the fixer theme on my main domain, with knowledge of the Parent child setup I feel confident I will enjoy the new Upfront, I will tell everyone I was blown away with the size of the flourishes etc. Exactly what I desire. but that is next, thank you!

Tyler Postle

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for your response, glad you got it all installed awesome!

As for Upfront, our Upfront child themes are a little easier to install and are required when using Upfront. You can simply install Fixer, Spirit, or Scribe straight through the WPMU DEV Dashboard and if you don't have Upfront installed yet, it will prompt you to do so before it lets you use them.

That way you don't have to upload child themes or anything like that, all done just straight through the WPMU DEV Dashboard.

I am just confused as to why it allowed me to installl, and if so, what would the implications be if I did not reinstall the proper way?

If you don't install child themes the proper way, or you remove the parent theme while the child theme is still active then it can give you a white screen on your site; however, it's easily fixed by just removing or re-naming the theme folder through FTP - that will default your site back to the 2015 theme if you have it installed.

Hope that helps Ryan!

All the best,
    Tyler