WP 3.0 menu updates

Hi,

Is there an ETA for release of Farms 133 WP 3.0 Menu updates?

Thanks.

• dlittle800
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I'm running the Edublogs Homepage theme on my Buddypress Multi-site. I need the WP 3.0 menu in themes for my users (currently farms 133).

Is there an easy way to convert the themes to 3.0 menus?

I've googled it, and it there are sites claiming how easy it is - simply drop 2-3 lines of code into the functions.php.

I tried that and ran into errors though. I haven't come across any advice for 3.0 menus in a multi-site environment.

If there IS an easy way, or at least 1 solution that applies to all themes, perhaps you could do one of your excellent video tutorials and let everyone start changing their own themes.

Thanks,
    Derek

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

@dlittle800: Well it is relatively simple IF you have a drop down script and I'm not sure edublogs one does or not. We'd advise you wait until a theme is updated but here is the code incase you want it's just we can't say if you will have to add drop down code of not for sub levels.

functions.php:

// This theme uses wp_nav_menu() in one location.
    register_nav_menus( array(
    'primary' => __( 'Primary Navigation', 'buddypress' ),
    ) );

function wpmudev_page_menu_args( $args ) {
    $args['show_home'] = true;
    return $args;
    }
    add_filter( 'wp_page_menu_args', 'wpmudev_page_menu_args' );

Where the navigation should be:

<!-- start navigation -->
    <div class="navigation">
    <?php wp_nav_menu( array('theme_location' => 'primary', 'menu_class' => 'nav', 'container' => '', )); ?>
    </div>
    <!-- end navigation -->

Now you may have a different navigation class it's theme dependent.

We will be looking to as soon as possible update our themes to resolve this issue though.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.