WP 3.6 just came out as we all know and all the plugins

WP 3.6 just came out as we all know and all the plugins are guaranteed compatible with 3.5.2. What is the best way to move forward if I need to install a site right now and would like to use a lot of the plugins. Should I:

1) Wait until the plugins are upgraded and tested to be compatible with 3.6 and install 3.5.2 right now?

Or

2) Should I install 3.6 now?

How does the process of this normally work as I am new to this site. Thanks everyone. Excited to be here.

• _981
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

The beta is released before the final public version. As far as I know WPMU reviews the updates in every minor and major update for WordPress ahead of time to ensure they are compatible before the public release. This is the purpose for beta releases; so that developers can ensure their content works and so that WordPress remains a quality CMS! :smiley:

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Thanks for your post and for other to chime in.

You are spot on. We keep on testing betas with the WordPress beta releases and when there is a stable release we update our plugins to ensure that they are compatible with latest WordPress versions.

However, if you are upgrading from a previous WordPress version, its always good to take a backup so that while upgrading, if anything goes wrong, it can be sorted out relatively easily.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.