wp-activate

I'd like to assign a different page template to wp-activate.php, instead of the homepage template which is the default.

I've followed Mason James' instructions from this postto successfully (thanks Mason!) change the page template for wp-signup.php. I tried to follow a similar logic to change wp-activate, but am not having any luck.

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings zeroplusone,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

This indeed will be a tricky one to overcome due to its coding complexity.

Could you please post the results / problems you've come across doing it yourself here that would definitely help too.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• zeroplusone
    • New Recruit

Hi Joe,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly (and apologies for my delayed response).

This is what I have done so far:
    - Copied wp-activate.php into my child theme (leaving a copy in the root)
    - Made file path changes to wp-load.php and wp-blog-header.php
    - Added the template name block at the top of the page w/the template I wish to use

When the activation email is sent, and the link to activate opened up, the version of wp-activate I have created is not being used.

I've spent a good amount of time searching for a solution, but have found next to nothing about customizing wp-activate. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Andy

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Andy,

Thank you for your additional feedback, it is greatly appreciated including the detail therein.

I am thinking that though you are following the correct procedure of Parent/Child theme interoperability, that it just will not work this way.

With that said, I would suggest making a copy of the wp-activate.php on your computer and then modifying the one in the parent as I see know other way.

With a backup we are safe from a meltdown. Please let me know how it turns out.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.