wp-admin 404 error when logging in

Today when I logged in, I got an 404 error for the wp-admin page.

I´m still logged in, I can go to certain sites like 'wp-admin/options.php' If I enter it in the url, but when trying to access other menu items, I get a 404 error. I haven´t done any updates for 2 weeks, and the sites have been running nicely, til now. How could this have happened? Anyone else had this kind of issue?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Christoffer,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Most probably there could have been a conflict with the plugins, you could try renaming the plugins folder to plugins.hold, located under /wp-content/plugins, and then try to access the dashboard, and see whether you are able to see other website.

If it works, you can rename the folder to plugins, and then try activating each plugins one-by-one, and see which plugins cause this issue.

If above solution doesn't work, or if you aren't sure on how to make these changes, please do send us your credentials so that I could give a closer look. You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Christoffer,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Thank you for sending in the credentials, unfortunately the login credentials for FTP doesn't work. I also asked one of my colleagues to test it too, and we both are getting the same error:

Status:	Connection attempt failed with "ETIMEDOUT - Connection attempt timed out".
    Error:	Could not connect to server

Could you please look into this, and advise if I'm missing anything here. Please let us know once you have corrected these, so that we could give a closer look .Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.