wp-admin dashboard being redirected to 404 page not found.

Hello, my wp-admin dashboard is being redirected to 404 page found, after login, and when I click on any link I am being redirected to 404 page not found. I am unable to do any work on my site.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Shabani

I hope you’re well today!

I’ve checked the site and I think it mostly comes down to the theme that you’re using. I was able to access /wp-admin using WPMU DEV Support access but it works in a bit different way than the regular login.

For testing, I have created myself a temporary admin account on the site and with that account I was able to replicate the issue. The thing is that “something” is redirecting to the /login page that doesn’t exist but also it’s trying to redirect to that page even if you’re already logged in.

The theme seems to be very strongly modifying the login behavior itself but there’s either some additional redirect (e.g. in .htaccess) or it’s not quite compatible with the recent WP or it’s conflicting with some other plugin.

One additional thing that I notice is that if you go to “Cariera -> System Status” page the “Cariera Core” in “Plugins” section is marked red which, I believe, means that it’s probably missing. I’m not familiar with the theme but I’d start with this – try bringing that Cariera Core where it should be, if you got some docs on the theme (unfortunately, I don’t have any more information on this as it’s a premium theme) there should be some guide on installation.

If that doesn’t help, the next step would be to run a full plugin conflict test. I understand that you cannot access the back-end so that might be slightly difficult but there’s a way:

– access the site install via FTP or cPanel (go to “File Manager” tool)

– go to the “/wp-content” folder and rename the “plugins” folder to “plugins_off”

– then try accessing the site again.

If this was indeed conflict, the site will appear broken but you’ll be able to access it. If you then go to “Plugins -> All plugins” page it will immediately deactivate all plugins so to continue you would want to do this:

– rename “plugins_off” folder back to “plugins”

– start enabling plugins one by one via “Plugins” page in wp-admin until you got redirected again

– at this point you know that the last enabled plugin is the one causing the issues so you can temporarily disable it (manually, via FTP or cPanel) and continue enabling remaining ones;

Then, knowing about the conflict either we could help you or you could get in touch with such plugin (or the theme) developers reporting it to them so they could address this.

If you have more questions on this or need more assistance, let me know please.

Kind regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.