wp-admin redirects to wp-login and throws me out

Hi -

Really frustrating problem here... wonder if anyone can help?

I've just restored a WP/BuddyPress site to a new URL at http://www.getambition.com. It all works fine. I can login, and it directs me back to the homepage, and shows me as logged in.

However, whenever I try to access WP Dashboard by gong to wp-admin, the site logs me out and redirects to /wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fgetambition.com%2Fwp-admin%2F&reauth=1.

This wasn't a problem on the dev site. Any ideas what might be going on? I've changed all the references to the site URL as far as I know, and all other aspects of the migrated site are working just fine. However, I can't access the Dashboard at all.

Thanks
Marcus

• marcusjwilson
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Joe...

I think I have found the issue. I'm used to just typing /wp-admin on to the web address to access the WP dashboard. This usually works fine, but for this site it seems to be redirecting to the login page.

However, if I type the trailing slash - i.e. /admin/ - I can access the dashboard fine. Not sure why just /wp-admin doesn't work on the live site when it worked fine on the dev site. Can I add an .htaccess rule For this?

Many thanks
    Marcus

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Marcus,

Resetting the permalinks usually restores the htaccess file to what it should be.

Something close to:

# BEGIN WordPress

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

# uploaded files
    RewriteRule ^files/(.+) wp-includes/ms-files.php?file=$1 [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^ - [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]

# END WordPress

Please advise if this resolves your login difficulties or if possibly a more in depth look is in order.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.