WP-Admin section throws errors after update to Coursepress Pro

After updating coursers pro i have issues accessing the wp admin area (VERY slow )
here the errors i got

PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 320 seconds exceeded in /xxx/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 1709

PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 320 seconds exceeded in /xxx/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1562

PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 320 seconds exceeded in /xxx/wp-includes/functions.php on line 377

Thats just a few of the errors but all point to Max execution time.
As a side note, i did disable coursers pro and everything runs just fine

Any idea what went wrong here?

• Uwe

As an additional info

I asked my host to check if there is anything wrong with my server

here what they wrote

I have doubled the max_execution_time variable to 640, but it seems the script is still having issues running.

After checking the error log, I did several repeating instances of the following errors:

[14-Apr-2015 18:20:06 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20121212/magickwand.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20121212/magickwand.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    [14-Apr-2015 18:20:06 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20121212/memcache.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20121212/memcache.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    It looks like we may need to install the memcache and magickwand.so extensions for PHP. If you would like, I can begin working on this for you immediately.

and then

It doesn't look like my proposed solution seems to have been successful as I started to receive errors shortly after applying it. I was able to comment out the extensions that were being called for that were throwing errors and the site does appear to load, however I am still having difficultly in accessing your admin section of wordpress.

It seems the script is still having issues with timeouts and I have not been able to determine why this is the case.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Uwe, hope you're doing well today!

Those errors you're seeing here definitely indicate that all is not well in the server world, but since you mentioned that those timeout errors go away when CoursePress Pro is disabled, I'd like to ask... have you tried disabling all of the other plugins on your site, and only have CoursePress Pro enabled?

And in the midst of doing so, have you also tried switching the theme to a default theme (e.g. Twenty Fifteen)?

I'd like to see if this still occurs when CoursePress Pro is the only thing active, that'll give us more to go on here.

Also, if your host has any more updates on the situation to provide, please let us know!

Please advise,
    Michael

• Uwe

Here the feedback i have received from my hosting support

Hello,

The actual problem causing the slow loading was that the site was trying to access a session file and get a file lock on it. There was another process that already had a lock on it that may have hung which meant nothing else was able to lock it.

After restarting apache so that I could test further I found the wp-admin page loads quickly again. Unfortunately this means I will not be able to track down the original source of the issue since it is no longer occurring, but if it happens again or if you are still seeing problems on the site just let me know.