WP and Hub are not syncing as expected.

On updating everything via the Hub all are updated but WP and Hub are not syncing them well but so soon as you log in to check the issue, it sync. (Just See the Video)

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqnoIa39wP

Please check and help.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Will

I hope you’re well today!

I’ve done following tests:

1. Knowing that I got some updates to perform on multiple sites, I went to my Hub and confirmed that those updates are listed there then run “Update Everything” on these sites (so multiple plugins and multiple sites in one go).

After the update was completed, The Hub properly showed me that all these sites are up to date. I then checked the sites and they were also showing they are up to date.

2. I’ve accessed your Hub and since all the sites were shown as up to date there, I left it, accessed your “nor…mbing.com” site, installed an older version of one of our plugins there and left the site. I got back to your Hub and it was immediately showing me that there’s update needed. So I run “Update Everything” there (which in this case really update only one plugin on one site but still – the “everything” option) and after it finished, The Hub showed that everything’s up to date. When I left The Hub and went back to the site it again showed that everything’s up to date.

So, in both these tests (on my sites and on one of your site), the issue wasn’t replicated. However, I realize that my colleague during the chat was able to “catch that up” so this either might have been a temporary issue or there’s something “more into it”. I tried with our plugin only and on one site. When you noticed the issue:

– you were updating via “Update everything” tool in The Hub, right? Not the “WPMU DEV Dashboard” on site(s)?

– there were multiple plugins and/or on multiple sites updated “in one go”?

– are all those sites on the same server/hosting account?

As for my questions above: I’m just making sure about first two but the 3rd one wasn’t mentioned so far and it might also be important. Would you also tell me please when (about) did you notice the issue for the first time?

I know when you came to the chat but I’m not sure if this is equal to when the issue started to happen and I’d like to know that so I could ask our admins to take a look into logs on our end as this might also tell us something more about what’s happening.

Looking forward to your reply,

Adam

• Will
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

Sorry for my late reply, I replier to the email but have realized it has not sent:

Hello,

Thank you for your help. Yes, this is a problem I seem to run into most times I press the update everything button. It always takes a long time to sort out and to be honest I actually dread pressing the button. So getting this sorted would be much appreciated.

Happy for you to do the update.

Thanks

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Will,

It seems that the status is updating properly now, so it’s possible that there was a temporary communication issue between Hub and your site that caused the results to delay.

Are you experiencing this issue often?

Also, I see that there’s one update available for your site now, is it ok if we perform the update from our end in order to check what will happen?

Best regards,

Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Will,

When I checked previously there was only SmartCrawl update available but now there’s also Beaver Builder plugin and theme that have available updates and since those can affect your site frontend I wouldn’t perform the update from my end.

If you’re going to update those can you try doing it from Hub and let us know if the sync is correct now.

Or could you setup a staging site on that same server that we could use for this test?

Best regards,

Predrag

• Will
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Good morning Redrag,

I think it is the builder beaver plugin that is causing one of the main issues. When I run the update, builder beaver is one of the plugins that fails to update, but also in the process builder beaver gets uninstalled which ruins the layout of my websites.

Is there a chance we could run the update together maybe this afternoon?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Will,

So in addition to the issue with not syncing you’re also having issues with Beaver Builder updates?

Are these happening only via Hub or it happens when you try to update it via your WP admin as well?

The thing is that Hub pretty much “clicks” the update button on your site and the update is performed by WordPress as any other update that you run outside of Hub.

We work in multiple timezones and there’s a lot of requests that we keep getting so it’s kinda hard agreeing on the exact time.

Can you create a backup of your site and run the update from your WP admin and see if that works.

After that download debug.log from your wp-content folder and restore the backup before the update was performed.

Now run another update from Hub and again download the debug.log file.

Change both of those to .txt files and attach them here so we can check what are the differences in logs between Hub and WP updates.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Will
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

HI I tried to run an update again today of 13 updates 6 apparantly failed, however when i looked at most websites, the updates were actually fine.

However two websites

candhcampers.co.uk – I have had to reactive builder beaver on here as this client needs their website up and running

dwtreeservices.co.uk – left untouched

wildwooddigital.co.uk – left untouched

Can you help?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Will,

Do you have any debug logs from the times when you performed the backups?

candhcampers.co.uk – I have had to reactive builder beaver on here as this client needs their website up and running

So the plugin was deactivated after the update but it’s working fine after simply reactivating it?

dwtreeservices.co.uk – left untouched

wildwooddigital.co.uk – left untouched

Does this mean that the sites are working fine after the update or you also have issues with Beaver Builder on them but you didn’t reactivate it?

Please advise.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.