WP Bakery Woo Product Category Shortcode Issues on Certain Product Categories

I transferred a website to a new server. While doing so, a strange new issue has appeared.

The theme, Shopkeeper, uses WP Bakery with the Woocommerce addons. When using it on some Product Categories it is just fine, but on others it is completely messed up.

Product Categories where the plugin works well:
http://uloft.com/product-cat-working-1/
http://uloft.com/product-cat-working-2/

Product Categories NOT Working:
http://uloft.com/product-cat-not-working-1/
http://uloft.com/product-cat-not-working-2/

Can someone take a look to see what makes the two different? I have never had this issue when transferring a website before... then again I also haven't had an issue with images messing up like they did earlier (see other post). So I am certain that there might be a db issue that is causing it, but I haven't been able to determine what the root cause is.

  • Adam Czajczyk

    Hi Brad Shoemaker

    I hope you're well today!

    I can see the issue and there's also some "500 Internal Server Error" reported in a browser console on this non-working pages only. This suggests that there is indeed something wrong happening "under the hood" there. Unfortunately, while it's often indicated in the browser console where such error might be coming from, in this case there's no reliable clue.

    I understand that this was all working fine before migration and started to happen right after you moved the site, right? Could you tell me please how did you migrate it? Was it also only a server change or the domain was changed as well?

    It might also be helpful to increase WP memory limit (as it's pretty low - only 40M out of allowed 256M) and take a look into debugging log so please:

    1. add following line to the "wp-config.php" file to increase WP memory limit:

    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

    2. add following lines to the "wp-config.php" file to enable WP debugging:

    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

    Make sure that all these lines are above the "/* That's all, stop editing */" one and once they are there:

    - visit those broken pages a couple of times each
    - look if there's a file "debug.log" created in a "/w-content/" folder of your site
    - if so, please download it, rename to "debug.txt" and attach to your response here; in case it was too big and couldn't be attached to your reply, please upload it to e.g. Google Drive or Dropbox instead and share a link with me.

    Hopefully this will give us some clue on what is happening there.

    Best regards,
    Adam

  • Brad Shoemaker

    I upgraded everything on the old server first. I then created a blank Wordpress install with all of the plugins added and updated on the new server.

    I then downloaded the wp-contents folder and moved it over.

    I went piece by piece (given the sites medium size) and exported each of the pieces individually (posts, pages, products, etc) and then used wp-import to import them piece by piece.

    Last thing I did, because the size was too large, was import the posts (attachment) and postmeta tables from the old install to the new install.

    Added is the debug file. It looks like "get_price_html" is the issue. The site is in catalog mode as you cannot purchase anything directly from the site itself.

  • Brad Shoemaker

    A plugin, Ajax Thumbnail Rebuild, was the culprit. I didn't think about it because ultimately everything that was transferred over from the previous server (minus an image issue I was having earlier where the postmeta data didn't all come over correctly) worked.

    The plugin was added after the transfer to try and fix the image issue. It was the only program not on the working site before it was transferred. So... it appears that it caused the conflict.

    Thanks again for pointing me to the debug log. I didn't know WP had that. I always knew about the live debug, but this changes how I diagnose problems. Once again live chat also helped out on this one and made my life a little easier.

    Not sure why things went haywire with this transfer after I've had 8 transfers without issue, but it's nice to know there is support here that truly helps guide you in the right direction.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.