wp-config - error - multi domains

Hi Guys

I stuffed up i tried to change the config file for domain mapping as per the instructions and seems like i've done something wrong it came up with a parse error i've deleted the offending code and saved it and its still coming up ive cleared my cache as well

comes up with this error

http://testdummy.com.au/wp-admin/

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''DB_NAME\', \'bhqdesig_wrdp1\'' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE), expecting identifier (T_STRING) in /home/bhqdesign/public_html/wp-config.php on line 23

help please i cant seem to access any of my multi sites

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there Robert Strickland,

How are you doing today?

Based on the error you've posted it looks like this is just the issue with quotes, they were either not rendered properly (this can happen when you copy and paste code) or they are simply not paired, when I say paired I mean using quote at start and apostrophe ad the end like this "bojan'.

Either way please check wp-config.php to see how those quotes look, especially the ones at line 23 where the error is pointing to.

If you still can't figure this out you can get me access to your site files so I can take a look. If you choose to do so PLEASE DO NOT post the credentials here as this forum is public. You can send us your details through our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Bojan"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Robert Strickland
    • Flash Drive

hey bud i'll give it a try first i've compared it to another site i have

define('DB_USER', 'buildhqs_wrdp1');

The above line is working fine but this is a standalone site not a multi site

The below is the line that is currently having the issue

define(\'DB_NAME\', \'bhqdesig_wrdp1\');

as you can see the difference between the two is this \ is this there because its a multi site

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again Robert Strickland,

These dashes are definitely not supposed to be there and this has nothing to do with sites being single or multisite. It's just a matter of copy and paste where this wasn't rendered properly.

I've removed those and login page seems to be loading properly, I've also left the old version just in case you want to see the difference, feel free to remove "wp-config-stari.php" once you check :slight_smile:

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.