WP Dashboard and Post issues

I've just noticed some weird stuff happening inside my WP installation in the past 24 hours... the top bar keeps flashing when I type and now I'm seeing this code when viewing WPMU DEV plugins: https://www.dropbox.com/s/avqp92gzr18nfbw/Screenshot%202018-05-12%2014.57.05.png?dl=0
Help!

• Nahid

Hey Lise Cartwright !
    Hope you are doing well today!

the top bar keeps flashing when I type

I tried to replicate this issue but couldn't. I tried editing a post by typing into it but couldn't see any unexpected behaviour in the WordPress top admin bar. Are you still able to replicate this issue on your end? If yes, could you please mention exact steps following which we'd be able to replicate the issue? A screenshot showing the issue would be very helpful as well.

I'm seeing this code when viewing WPMU DEV plugins: https://www.dropbox.com/s/avqp92gzr18nfbw/Screenshot%202018-05-12%2014.57.05.png?dl=0

It seems like two of your plugins, i.e. "Convert Plus" and "Connects - ConvertKit Addon" are causing PHP Warnings on the site. These warnings can simply be avoided and disabled from showing up as long as they do not cause any downsides to the actual workflow of your website. To disable these warnings, log into your site's FTP/cPanel File Manager and look for the wp-config.php file, it should be located in the root directory of your installation where folders like wp-admin, wp-content and wp-includes are placed. Please store a backup of the file before editing it. Open the file and look for the following line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

Note: It might be set to 'true' as well. Replace it with the following lines:

ini_set('display_errors', 'Off');
    ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL );
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

Note: These definitions might already be there but with different values. Make sure they are replaced with the respective definitions so that there are no duplicates, otherwise the site might run into a fatal error.

These lines will simply prevent the notice from showing up to the visitors. You can know more about debugging in WordPress here.

Though PHP notices/warnings are not a very big deal unless it has any impact on the functionality of your site, but what if you want to troubleshoot and fix the issue? According to the context of the notice, it looks like the theme/some plugins are conflicting with each other. You can firstly determine what is causing the issue by doing a simple plugin/theme conflict test and report the issue to the authors of the specific plugin/theme. This handy flowchart will help you do a conflict test.

Hope this helps. We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid