Wp Defender added 3+ seconds of page load time

First, I am loving the blog and support offered for members here!

From your blog here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-find-out-which-plugins-are-slowing-down-your-wordpress-site/ I installed P3 and scanned my site.

According to P3, WP defender take 26% of my total plugin load time adding 3+ seconds! That seems really high. Jetpack takes the second most time but right below the report it says some plugins will report artificially high times (mentioning Jetpack as an example). I am hoping that is the case for Defender as well but don't know how to find this out? If Defender really does add 3 seconds to my load time there is no way I can continue to use it.

Thanks!

• Nastia

Hello @tyler40

I trust you are doing well today!

The Defender load time is 1.1 sec. and it's at 21% on your installation based on the latest scan. I can't replicate the same, on my installation the Defender loads for 0.1 sec..

Right now you page speed load is at 4.30 sec., if you disable the Defender plugin, will the page load faster? Would you please check this with the Pingdom Tools

Based from Pingdom scan, icon.css is the file that take the most time to load.

Please make sure that you DISABLE the P3 plugin for the page speed tests to, the performance should be normal, when P3 is disabled again.

Please note that the P3 measues the page speed as a logged-in Admin user, which means a lot more/different of code is measured than a normal visitor will see.

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Hoang Ngo

Hi @tyler40,

I hope you are well today.

Defender can be slow at some specific pages, example Defender Dashboard page, as on this page, the plugin will request to API server to fetch info & display. But it won't take any effect to other pages, not belong to Defender, and pages on Frontend.

Please note that, when scanning, your server will run slower, as this is a heavy task. So I suggest you to schedule scan when your server doesn't have much traffic.

Best regards,
    Hoang