WP defender and Wordfence both or either one?

Hi quick question:

Can I use WP defender together with Wordfence on my site? Will they conflict with each other?
Can Defender completely replace Wordfence?

Thanks!

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Jeremy

Thank you for your question!

Yes, you can use both plugins together, there is no conflict between them. They *should* play well together, while we have not done extensive compatibility tests as one is more of a replacement to the other.

I hope this helps! If you find any issues, please let us know!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi ken_edelstein,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Well it depends on your requirements. If you think Defender have every thing you need to secure your website (that should because it's a full security plugin) than you can simply remove the Wordfence plugin and use the defender only.

I don't its will be overkill, because Defender plugin have separate modules that you can enable/disable individually. If you don't need a feature then you can simply disable that one.

Also, in defender there are features like black list monitoring, audit logging and upcoming cloud backups (we backup and store on our own secure servers) you would not get in Wordfence plugin.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.