WP Defender: issues found after scan

Hi,

I have 2 issues found after the scan of my website. It seems like

two kernel files has been modified
, but I'm not the modifier and I don't see who could be as I'm the only one on this website.
What should I do?
Do you think my website has been hacked?

I need help!!!

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there ubiznessme,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

This could be a possible explanation, but there're other reasons for that like "custom" WP installations provided by some hosting providers which shouldn't be any reason to worry about.

Did this message come up the very first time you scanned your files? Or is it a new notification after a scheduled scan? Please advise!

Would you mind granting us with support access to your website via "WPMUDEV Dashboard" plugin in order to have a look at these reported files?
    You can find details on how to do so here https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there ubiznessme,

I just tried to access your admin pages after you kindly granted with support access but I keep getting redirected to frontend anytime I try to access the Defender page to inspect these files.

I guess that this is coming from a security plugin, could you please deactivate it and let me know here so I could give it another try? :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.