WP Defender seems to 'forget' the ignored files I had set.

I enabled Daily reporting on defender on 2 sites yesterday, and Defender all went well and scan started this morning as expected. Once it ran though Defender continuously scans, and seems to ‘forget’ the ignored files I had set.

This goes away when you change reporting back to Weekly.

This was on 2 sites on 2 different accounts. Do you know if this is an issue on defender? I found a post about something similar but the conversation just seemed to end a week ago.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi JohnHQLD,

So sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having. As you said “seems to ‘forget’ the ignored files I had set”, did you mean that the list of files to be ignored is showing blank or files are showing in the list but Defender scan is not ignoring them?

I’ll try to regenerate this on my test site after you confirm. If I can regenerate this, I’ll report this to our developer right away as a confirmed bug.

I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know the information I requested above and then confirm here when you are done granting Support Access. I’m looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• JohnHQLD
    • Flash Drive

Hi Rupok,

Sorry took a bit to get back, I had to actually set the situation back up.

The issue seems to happen only when you enable email reporting – I disabled initially as I was getting pretty spammed and everything settled down, turned emails back on this morning and same issue has appeared again.

I have enabled the support login for https://leads.insuranceadviser.net (The other account one is actually more of an issue as this has the ignored files) – if you could have a look this would be great.

Thanks again,

John.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hey JohnHQLD,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, it seems like the mentioned website is no longer registered in the Hub, so I wasn’t able to give a closer look. However, I tested this in my system, and I was able to replicate the issue.

I’m marking this as a bug, and pinging the developer to give a closer look, so that we could have a quick fix regarding this. Will keep you posted, once we have a fix related to this asap. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.