WP DIXI theme comment question

Hi there

I have Dixi on my family website. I’ve noticed that the comment link in each post is missing – I think it used to be up with the other attributes (like author name, date etc). It used to say ‘x comments’ and it was easy enough to click on that link to be taken to the post with comments page. But, I don’t have that any more. I also enabled DISQUS about a year ago. I have only just noticed that I don’t have the comment link in my posts any more, however.

Help?

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Cratar,

Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the comments on your web site.

Please check that the comments are indeed turned on by being logged into the site admin dashboard and go to –> Settings –> Discussion and make sure there is a check mark in the choice described as Allow people to post comments on new articles

This only affects new posts so to change this in previous posts you need to go into the post and change it in the bottom section of the post in the Discussion field there with a check mark in the Allow comments check mark box.

Please advise if this indeed resolves your issue.

Cheers, Joe

• Cratar
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

hi – yip it is checked. people can comment via Disqus and I’ve never unchecked that box. Comments have always been turned on. It’s simply that the post does not display the “x comments” blurb at the top along with the other attribute info. Which is fine when the reader is in the actual post, but not so much fine when the person is on the home page and can’t find where to comment.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings of the day.

I was doing a regular followup today and found that we missed your last post on this one.

Are you still seeking support on this one ? Please let us know so that we can take it further and assist you on the same :slight_smile:

Thanks for being a great community member !

Cheers

PC

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hello, hope you’re well.

Just following up on some threads here and noted that we’ve not heard from you in a while.

If you’re still looking for some assistance on this thread then please by all means reopen it or create a fresh thread for any new questions.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.