WP - eCommerce Rental Website Solutions

Hello Everyone, I need help with a project I am doing. Please read through, anyone can help give ideas, solutions or suggestions.

About the project: I am in the process of trying to build an Online Website using Wordpress for my Rental Shop that I own.
I need members to be able to login and then pay or go on a subscription to rent a product (such as a computer or laptop) for a limited amount of time which they will then come pick up in person from our shop with their receipt showing that they have paid for the product and then when their product time ends they get emailed (to their wordpress user email) that time is out and they have to either bring back or renew their product.

That is giving you a basis of what I am building, now what I really need help with in the project is creating the rent product part. Is anyone able to give me some solutions on how I can set-up a product rental system using wordpress plugins, themes and if needed custom coding, or what applications or plugins there are that can help me with this.

Thanks so much, I need all the help I can get..
Great Wordpress Community by the way :slight_smile:

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey there,

Depending on how many products you have to offer this could use either Membership / MarketPress here.

Here are the plugins that I am talking about:

Membership: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership
    MarketPress: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce

I think Membership is more suited for your needs here, provided the number of offerings you have here is not very huge (like say under 10 products or so).

So the way I see it, you could have some membership subscription plans for each of your products, with 30 days being the minimum term. At the end of the term the user will be asked to renew, he can choose to do so, or he could just return the product.

Once the user registers on the site, and pays, he could visit your shop (the real one, offline) and give out his username and some verification data and collect his machine. You could easily check into the user database and see if the user has paid or not. Also you can easily extend the users membership manually or remove them in case you need that.

What do you think? This should work for you, right?

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey there,

If you have hundreds of products, you could use MarketPress. Of course, there wouldn't be a recurring billing option, but you can give users a choice to pay for extra months using product variations. And you can upload all the products in one go using the csv importer.

That works for you?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.