WP for Android Plugin Creation

Hello,

I have two questions. Firstly; I have a members only site that I have built. If I build the WP for android using your plugin, will I be able to incorporate the members area and members login into this somehow? The members system is built on another system, but they log in on a normal page and then obviously each page is locked and secure.

The next question is; If I do build the app, then obviously I won't just want android I would want IOS as well because if I will build one, all the other people would just ask saying where is the other version so the question is; is there an easy way to just transfer it over into your other WP for IOS plugin? or would it required building all again and trying to make it all look the same again?

thank you.

Johnathon

• Patrick

Hi there @Johnathon

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

First thing, I should clarify that WP for Android and WP for iOS are not standard WordPress plugins.

They are special code packages that enable you to create customized apps based on the one we use for our Edublogs network. Those, in turn, are simply customized versions of the official WordPress apps found here:
    https://apps.wordpress.org/

And, unfortunately, no you cannot just copy what you create for Android over to an iOS app. They are completely different operating systems, and apps must be custom built for each one.

Also, unfortunately, neither the official WordPress apps nor ours support custom integrations with plugin-specific features like the membership software you have described.

However, the apps are really just specialized portals to your site. So if users login to your site via an app, they are logged into your site, and would have the same access restrictions imposed by your membership system.

Please let us know if this helps, and don't hesitate to post again if you need to.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.