WP HTTP Error: Failed to connect to planet.wordpress.org port 443: Connection timed out

I am getting "WP HTTP Error: Failed to connect to planet.wordpress.org port 443: Connection timed out" on the dashboard. "An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums.
Try again" - when going the ad plugins.
"Your server had a problem connecting to WPMU DEV: "Connection timed out after 15000 milliseconds". Please try again." - when trying to sign in.

I lost access to most of the site earlier in the week and was able to access it again when I removed the events+ plugin.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Thumbtack Marketing

I trust you are doing well today!

Would you please let us know if this question is related to the "Multisite Sitemaps" plugin?

Have you checked for a conflict with another plugin? Deactivate all the plugins and test if you see this error. Please follow the flowchart from our manual:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

The other reason is that a web hosts blocking certain inbound/outbound ports on the web servers. In this case, please contact your host provider regarding this.

I lost access to most of the site earlier in the week and was able to access it again when I removed the events+ plugin.

This looks like a different issue. There must be a conflict between the Events+ and another plugin. Please check for a conflict with a plugin:

- Deactivate all the other plugins
    - Switch to a default WordPress theme

If the issue is gone, activate one plugin at the time to find out which one is causing this issue!

Let us know how it went!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Thumbtack Marketing,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry for delay on this ticket. Is this issue resolved or you still need help ? If you need further support than please let us know whether you made a plugin or theme conflict test as mentioned by Nastia above ?

Also, please grant support staff access so we can take a closer look. To grant access go to WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Access or see this manual.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.