WP Hummingbird PLUS Cloudflare, RailGun, W3 Total Cache Etc.

I just had Railgun installed and configured on my 1st server i.e. the one holding the main site the other 2 are development servers and have nothing to do with this ticket.

Railgun was installed Provisioned, configured etc. server side. Was activated and tested Cloudflare side.

W3 Total Cache was loaded installed activated and configured, provisioned via the WP admin network panel. along with memecached was also done the same.

So far so good right.

two issues, 1.

fatal error: unknown: cannot use output buffering in output buffering display handlers in unknown on line 0

so the linux admin made sure everything server side was good to go.

Then we went ahead and disabled all of the plugins. and all of the plugins except for the wphummingbird disabled so we forced disabled it and when we did it broke my theme wide open.

now the theme is no big issue as I reloaded it and the parts that are still conflicting with the server the custom theme developer is fixing the issue for me.

My main question is the following.

Wp Hummingbird, Cloudflare and W3 Total Cache all ask the same first 3 or 4 questions i.e. they each want to know if you want to minify the JS, CSS, HTML etc. and maybe a few other options I did not mention.

So my 1st question is can I have one of them do it all for me or cloudflare and one of them do it all for me and the other one I disable the option.

2. Railgun is not an option on WPHummingbird so is WPHummingbird obsolete for someone like me building out an enterprise platform as most of your customers prob do not have Railgun.

3. Can you guys help or refer me to someone in the community that is knowledgable and also trustworthy to walk me through and help me configure Business/Enterprise cloudflare settings. as those options are not available on hummingbird.

4. below is the error code after I reinstalled Hummingbird.

Thank You and God Bless,

• James

To update: I did further tweaks to the server which removed the error code above. I reinstalled W3 cache and memecache while hummingbird was installed and again the server went bonkers along with the theme breaking but knowing that it is nothing else and no other plugins I expected it. So I disabled everything in W3 cache and server balanced out and the site theme went back to normal, Then I re configured each section and saved and refreshed the main front end site. all was well each step. except for I did not enable the minify option and saved and all is still well.

I am no expert like you guys but it appears that enabling the minify option conflicts with Hummingbird and Cloudflares minify option.

So far Hummingbird, Cloudflare and W3 total cache with memecache is working smooth.

However I would still request a response to know if I did anything right, what I did wrong so I can jot it down remember for the future along with helping another mate in the future.

Lastly I would like your thoughts on RailGun, If hummingbird recognizes it, I will say that when we installed railgun and before everything went bonkers early this morning Hummingbird was all 100 including the images.

God Bless.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello James,

So my 1st question is can I have one of them do it all for me or cloudflare and one of them do it all for me and the other one I disable the option.

Only one should do that. Hummingbird or CloudFlare or W3 Total cache. Not more plugin than one at the same time.

If you enabled minification and haven't configured it (by that I mean you haven't tested each file if it can be minified/combined and moved to the footer) it is very possible that something will break in theme as not every theme or even plugin plays nicely when it's JS files are "touched". That is why there is need for testing those files.

restore orginal settings and then for each file enable those options and see how site works - if it breaks, revert last change

2. Railgun is not an option on WPHummingbird so is WPHummingbird obsolete for someone like me building out an enterprise platform as most of your customers prob do not have Railgun.

At the moment Hummingird integrated with CloudFlare so you can control Gzip, Comppression settings in CloudFlared with Hummingird.
    There was no requests from our member to control Railgun through Humminbird so it it was not implemented. You can create thread in Features and Feedback forum about that feature and see if it will get much support.

3. Can you guys help or refer me to someone in the community that is knowledgable and also trustworthy to walk me through and help me configure Business/Enterprise cloudflare settings. as those options are not available on hummingbird.

You can post a job on our Jobs and Pros page https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/ - there is lots of experts there can can help you with that.

I do have another question how do I move or rearrange some of hummingbird content when hummingbird recommends it. i.e.

Those are minified and combined JS files on your site - if their position is still in header of the site, Humminbird will place theme there. If your site breaks when you move files to footer of the site, the I'm afraid you cannot move them and those files must remain. Please see explanation from our developer https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/render-blocking-css-and-js-and-hummingbird#post-1164911

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.